Online order setup

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
mohlotf

Online order setup

Post by mohlotf »

1- how to change add and change a new theme template?
2- is it possible for the local client system to make a sound as reminder of receiving an online order?

Thanks
Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Online order setup

Post by Scott »

You can modify the current template in the htdocs folder. Other templates are provided in the \POSPizza6\Apache2.2\POSPizza\templates folder Copy the files from the template into the htdocs folder to change templates. You will also want to adjust the "index" file if the web ordering starts with the login page.

You can enable sounds on the make-screen and it will make a noise whenever order items arrive at that line. Also printers should print the online order too. Email can also be sent if needed, but is not as reliable as the first two methods.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Thanks Scott,
Is it possible to change from zip code to postal code in online costumer account setup?
i did change the sound alert on make-line but no sound i have my localhost and server on the same machine
Thanks
Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

mohlotf wrote:Is it possible to change from zip code to postal code in online costumer account setup?
You can use that field for any type of data that you want to. The name of the field in the customer editor is not changeable itself, but the data can be any type.
i did change the sound alert on make-line but no sound
Make sure that your current sound theme in Windows has an "alert" sound defined. Also check the obvious, speakers are ON, and turned up, volume is not muted, and the system can play windows notification sounds.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Postal code is not working, it only accepts numbers not letters. any suggestions?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You must be referring to on the web? Change the field type from "number" to "text" in your html files (signup and edit).

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Change this;

Code: Select all

<tr>
    <td width="120" valign="top" align="right">ZipCode: </td>
    <td><input style="padding: 5px;" class="shadehalf" type="number" name="zipcode" value=""></td>
  </tr>
to this;

Code: Select all

<tr>
    <td width="120" valign="top" align="right">Post Code: </td>
    <td><input style="padding: 5px;" class="shadehalf" type="text" name="zipcode" value=""></td>
  </tr>
  1. Description change from ZipCode to Post Code (or Postal Code).
  2. input type from number to text.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

I have done what's required, still no emails sent to customers or me when online order is submitted.
What am I doing wrong?
[img][ http://aromapizzeria.com/wp-content/upl ... saroma.jpg]
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Those fields have nothing to do with sending emails.

Make sure the file below is present.

htdocs\emails\order_received.txt

Check the file's content.

Also check the local firewall settings on the machine involved. Try disabling the firewall and run a transaction.

These are the first few items to check.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

File is present, disabled firewall but still doesn't emails.
another unrelated issue I have, I log on to management utility it gives me a message an update available to v6.80.00, I click on go to website I get this message (The requested topic does not exist.)
Thanks
Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Not sure why emails would be not working. Generally if the SMTP data is setup correctly it should work. Maybe your mail server require credentials to send mail? Setup the user name and password if you have not already done so, and give that a try. Try without it (unchecked) also.

For your other issue, the web hosting server that hosts the forums crashed today, and a backup was restored. The topic IDs are all different now than what they used to be making the CS & SA update links not work. You can go directly to this topic ( http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1661 ) to get to the 6.80.00 download, or you can use the original email links that were sent to you when you first purchased the software, and activated the dongle.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Works now, Thanks
Moe
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

How can I make online customers ( at account setup) choose their street name from my streets database instead of entering their own?
The problem is, too many different spellings for same street in database causing confusion for call takers and drivers.

Thanks
Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

mohlotf wrote:How can I make online customers ( at account setup) choose their street name from my streets database instead of entering their own?
The problem is, too many different spellings for same street in database causing confusion for call takers and drivers.

Thanks
Moe
Right now the online ordering does not do that, but in an upcoming update this has been addressed, and the system looks up the closest match and if none is found it sets the street to www: NOT FOUND and no new streets will be added. This update should be available in 3 to 4 weeks.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

mohlotf wrote:How can I make online customers ( at account setup) choose their street name from my streets database instead of entering their own?

Thanks
Moe

Hi Moe, This update ( http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1731 ) was just released to address this issue, and will prevent online customers from adding new streets to your database.

Scott
rahmiolgac84

Post by rahmiolgac84 »

[quote="Scott"]You can modify the current template in the htdocs folder. Other templates are provided in the \POSPizza6\Apache2.2\POSPizza\templates folder Copy the files from the template into the htdocs folder to change templates. You will also want to adjust the "index" file if the web ordering starts with the login page.

How do I set up the Italian template. How do I do it in htdocks?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

How do I set up the Italian template. How do I do it in htdocks?
1. Go to the folder C:\POSPizza6\Apache2.2\POSPizza\templates\Italian30 and hit Ctrl-A to highlight all of the files.
2. Right-click and select copy from the popup menu.
3. Go to the folder C:\POSPizza6\Apache2.2\htdocs.
4. Right click in a blank part of the folder (where there are no files or folders) and select paste from the popup menu.

Scott