Cashout multiple orders at once

Questions and Answers about the POS Pizza 6 and newer Database
mohlotf

Cashout multiple orders at once

Post by mohlotf »

I've old orders not cashed out because I was new to the system and didn't know better, is there a way to cashout multiple orders as cash at once?
Thanks

Moe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cashout multiple orders at once

Post by Scott »

Go to our main downloads page, and grab the Quick Cash out Tool. Unzip it into your CS folder, and then run the program to cash out all of your open orders.

Scott
mohlotf

Post by mohlotf »

Thanks a lot Scott, you're a life saver :|
Moe
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

How will this be handled for the financials? If the order was NOT paid for, and it's added to the "sales total" for the day, will we be paying tax on that "fake" income?

Right now the correct financial reports are a huge issue for us.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:How will this be handled for the financials? If the order was NOT paid for, and it's added to the "sales total" for the day, will we be paying tax on that "fake" income?

Right now the correct financial reports are a huge issue for us.
They are cashed out as a "check" payment. If someone only forgot to mark the orders as cashed out, then it shouldn't really change your financials as you would have received payment for that order anyway. If not, then the orders should be voided beforehand.

There are also some operators who don't use the financials, and also omit the cash out step within the POS. This is not how it was designed to be used, but in this case, the tool gives them a quick way to clear out their cash out list each night.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

I'm still having some issues with completely understanding the financial reporting.

Cashing Out all open orders as a "check" does NOT seem like something I want to do. Maybe using one of those Custom Payment Method fields would be more appropriate, such as "Write Off" so I can see that $$$.cc number in the financial reports.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This tool was for people who used version 5, and simply never cashed out their orders. They still don't under 6, so this tool is to help them clear the cash out list.

This is *not* the recommended way to use the POS if you want accurate reporting. If an order was never paid, it should be voided instead.

Proper use of the system would be:

1. Create the order when the customer calls
2. Cash out the order when the customer comes in and pays for it, or have the driver do it for delivery orders.

Credit card orders will be paid for right away.

At the end of the day/night, there should be NO ORDERS showing up in the cash out list. If there are, then you have a problem. Either a cashier forgot to mark the order as cashed out, which should not happen, or the order was never made, and therefore should have been voided.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Employees End Shift and leave with unpaid orders...
"Oh it's Mark's fault the computer didn't do it right."

Kids are liars. Anger. GROWL!

They SWEAR that some orders "were cashed out" or something. But WHO KNOWS?! No one double-checks anything. No one told them to. They don't know what to do.

EDIT:
I'm over being angry. I'm taking the reigns and fixing little issues. The sun is shining. Life is good.