max licenced connection and database ERROR

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
erkanfl

max licenced connection and database ERROR

Post by erkanfl »

hi Scott i have recently updated my my software to the last version
so first problem ;everytime i stop the data base server i can't just start it right back , when i try a window pops up and says ''eror starting server , POSPIZZADB server failed to start .there may have been preceding error message ,check log file etc ''
so i have to unplug the dongle and plug it back so i can start the DB server
and second problem ; when ever i exit the program or program fails and windows closes it ,i can't just reopen the app ,it says max licensed app is exceed or something like that
and on the main computer i open the data base server ,click on connection section i see two computers connected (i have 2 station license) so i try to disconnect one ,it says i may take up to 60 seconds ,but even after 10 min still that looks connected and i can't still use my second computer , even if i try to disconnect it 10 times in 10 min still same , i am ending up to unplug and plug the dongle back , but most of the times the second computer still looks connected ,but finally after a while i can get it working

thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: max licenced connection and database ERROR

Post by Scott »

Anytime that end stations are rebooted without stopping the program this can happen. Windows does not send a connection close message in this situation, you either have to let it time out (30 min), or stop then start the server. If you go into the server admin tool and stop the server for 5 seconds, that should be enough to clear the connections. Why it's not clearing when you exit the program is not clear.

The server itself has not changed in a long time, so nothing should be different with it. The new server package had some updated libraries with it like SQLite, but that's all. Your problem is from something else which I don't know what it is at this point. Have you tried moving your server to the other computer? Maybe one with less USB ports in use?

Scott