Makeline Issues

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
BPandS Macon

Makeline Issues

Post by BPandS Macon »

Not sure what is causing it but my make line monitor will pop the order for somewhere between 0 and 5 seconds then it disappears anyone else ever experienced this?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Makeline Issues

Post by Scott »

You have a Print-Only module running on the same line number as your screen. It is getting the order, printing it (or trying to), then clearing the order, and this is what you are seeing on your screen.

The Print-Only module needs to be run on a different line number than the screen. The screen also has the ability to print labels, so the print-only module may not even be needed, depending on your specific needs and setup.

Scott
BPandS Macon

Post by BPandS Macon »

I just want to be able to print a label for the box and have it show up on my makeline screen till i clear it off I have no idea what I can do to fix this or how I even made it happen can't find a print only function anywhere
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

To print a label first, you will need to go into the make-line configuration (Management Utility), and configure 2 lines in the following way.

Line 1:

On Completion Bounce to Line 2

All printing must be properly configured to point to your label printer on bottom part of screen.

Line 2:

On New Items, Jump to Page 1

Completed and Voided Items to bottom

and printing will be disabled for this line.

Save the settings and exit the management utility.

The Screen and box label printing must be either on 2 separate computers or 2 separate installations. If they happen to be on the same computer, call tech support because this is a more complex setup since 2 separate installations must be used on the same computer.

On the computer that will be running the screen, go into the C:\POSPizza6\CS folder and find the file called MakeLine.INI (if file extensions are not showing it will be the one with an icon of a piece of paper with a gear on it) and double-click it to edit it. Find the line that shows LineNum=1 and change it to LineNum=2 and then save the file. Start your makeline screen and it should have a [2] in the top left corner. This means that it is correctly configured.

The box label printer seems to already be setup on Line 1, so it should still be functioning. Verify that the MakeLine Print-Only Module is running on the computer that has the label printer attached.

At this point, you can submit orders, and line items will print a label first, and then go to the screen a couple seconds later, and remain there until they are cleared by you or older than 24 hours.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

To summarize, Food Items which are set to Line 1 go to label printer first (on line 1), they print, and then bounce to line 2, which is the screen.

Scott