Hardware Help

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
pizzeria1

Hardware Help

Post by pizzeria1 »

I have a takichi receipt printer and cash draw combo. I plugged them in, and the POS didn't pick them up. I found the local settings and was able to get the printer to print, although incorrectly, but the draw will not open.

1. Printer prints incorrectly. Lines wrap incorrectly like they are too long. At least it prints so that is a start.

2. Draw does not open at all.

I have tried all of the printer definitions in the system, but none of them work with my printer. Any suggestions?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hardware Help

Post by Scott »

Generally POS hardware is not plug-n-play, so you must set it up manually. You need to contact the printer manufacturer, and get the "drawer open escape sequence" from them. This is a set of codes that are sent to the printer to tell it to activate the cash drawer.

We don't have these codes available for all brands, other than the brands that are already included in the POS Pizza database. Other brands will work, but you must get these codes from the printer manufacturer. Once you get the codes, we can help you translate them if necessary, and input them into the POS system so that your hardware will work with POS Pizza.

We typically recommend Epson TM receipt printers for easiest compatibility.

Scott