Need password

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
pizzeria1

Need password

Post by pizzeria1 »

I just downloaded and installed your free lt version only to discover that when I run it I am prompted for a user and password. What do I need to put in here to continue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to give this system a try, but can't get past this point.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need password

Post by Scott »

The user name / password will be the same ones that you chose when you ran the database creation tool (at the end of the install).

If you don't remember, then go into the C:\POSPizza6\LT folder and delete the file called pospizza.PZ6. Once you have done that double click on the DB Creation Tool in that same folder to run it and create a new database. The user name and password that you setup on the 2nd page of the wizard will be the ones that you use to later enter the program.

This user can also be used to create other users.

*For lurkers: DO NOT DO THIS TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD, THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA! This is only to be done in this case for a NEW database, where the user and/or password has been forgotten.

Scott
pizzeria1

Post by pizzeria1 »

Ok. I don't ever recall setting a password, but I will give this a go and see how it plays out.
pizzeria1

Post by pizzeria1 »

Thanks that worked. I can now access the system.

One other question. Is there a way to password protect the db create tool? It seems that just anyone could run it and change the password for the system supervisor.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

pizzeria1 wrote:Is there a way to password protect the db create tool? It seems that just anyone could run it and change the password for the system supervisor.
You don't need to. You can't use the tool on a file that already exists. It can only create new files. The database creation tool does not need to have a password on it for this reason. Also, in the full version of the POS, this tool is located on the server, which is usually out of reach of the typical employee. The clients only use TCP/IP to communicate with the server, and no drive sharing is required, hiding this utility, and the database file itself from those who do not have access to the server directly. The server machine can be sitting in a back office, at the windows login prompt further protecting it from unauthorized use.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

One more thought:

In the LT (or SA) version you can simply delete this tool once you have created your database for added piece of mind. Doing regular backups is highly recommended. The only draw-back of doing this, is that you would have to re-install POS Pizza if you wanted to create another database.

Scott
pizzeria1

Post by pizzeria1 »

That makes sense. Thank you.