Delivery Drivers

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7

Delivery Drivers

Postby Cactus Pizza » Wed May 14, 2014 1:32 am

Hello All,

I downloaded POS Pizza today, and have already got my POS system built, but I had a few questions that I could use some guidance on.

Primarily the best way to deal with a driver and ringing in their orders. I understand using delivery with the customers information, etc which leaves the order open to be cashed out upon the drivers return.

Problem is we normally have 1-2 drivers on at a given time and they are in and out extremely quickly between orders. At the end of the night is when we normally cashed them out and rang up their orders. As we were using an old till and menu books, which is all changing as of Saturday. What is the most effective method to accomplish this without consuming either massive amounts of time between deliveries or a long time consumed at the end of the night.

Also, my second question is in regard to the Online Ordering system, any feedback on it from the restaurants owners and the customers on its effectiveness? After an hour discussion with the new owners (hence the new POS system as well) they want to move forward with the full system, the 'free' software is to test its implementation and get the staff trained before we go full bore with it.

Basically Cactus Pizza is a small pizza restaurant located outside of CFB Suffield, in Alberta Canada. During the Spring/Summer/Fall there is a large number of British Soldiers that train at the base and is 90% of our customer base. Outside of the Payphones located around the shacks that they stay in the only other method of ordering is via the internet as BATUS (British Army Training Unit Suffield) provides the soldiers with free Wifi and a vast majority have computers. Thus I believe that the option of internet ordering would not only speed up the ordering process for them but would improve our quality of service and order times.

Thanks for everyone's time and I look forward to reading the responses,
Cheers,
Stuart

Site Admin

Re: Delivery Drivers

Postby Scott » Thu May 15, 2014 7:57 am

Hello Stuart,

Trying to run high-volume deliveries is difficult using the free version as there is not a driver dispatch console included in that package. It can handle delivery orders, but using a driver dispatch is far easier and automates the process and stores more information about the deliveries. A quick overview of the process can be found here: http://www.summitcn.com/drvr_tut.html or you can call us and get a full version demo for a hands-on trial run of this and the rest of the full package like the online ordering.

I cannot comment as a pizza store owner on your online ordering question, but I can tell you that I do have one customer who has 4 stores who started using it at one of his stores, then within 2 months added to the other 3 stores. He said that it was working out well and has made things easier on his staff during busy periods since some of the load goes the online route. Maybe if he or others using online ordering, read this thread they could add more to it.

Scott

Site Admin

Re: Delivery Drivers

Postby Scott » Thu May 15, 2014 10:27 am

Hi Stuart,

Your email bounced back to me, so I sent to to your email that you used on the forums. If you would like it sent to a different address, you can send me a PM here with the email address, and I will send another copy. To do this mouse over my name to the left of this message, and select "Private Message".

Scott

Return to General Information v6 & v7