Laber Printer

General Information about POS Pizza 6

Laber Printer

Postby GoodGuysPizza » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm trying to connect my label printer DYMO Label writer 450. My attempts have been unsuccessful. It works from DYMO software but not from POS Pizza. Is there a certain way that it has to be connected?

Site Admin

Re: Laber Printer

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:48 am

For DYMO LabelWriters:

1. Attach LabelWriter to PC
  2. Install DYMO LabelWriter Software and make sure that it is at least version 8.2.2.996. If you don't have this version or one higher than this, download an update from DYMO.
  3. DO NOT SHARE THIS PRINTER! The printer will effectively be shared by the Make-Line software (screen or MLPOM).
  4. Go into DYMO's software and set the default label type as an "address" type and install the matching labels.
  5. Modify the layout in DYMO and make the font large.
  6. Save the settings in the DYMO software.
  7. Configure POS Pizza (see docs) for make-line printing on that same station (where DYMO software is installed)

Once you do this, you should be able to use the default label output from POS Pizza, or begin modifying it to meet your needs. Make sure that you have food items getting to the line number that you are working with.

If you're using the print-only module, then it is always best to do all of your testing with the Make-Line screen module first. Once the screen is printing correctly then exit the screen module and run the print-only module in its place. The print-only module must be completely exited while testing. The screens also give you the ability to reprint labels while testing.

Also, anytime that you modify the make-line settings in the management utility, exit and restart any screens or print-only modules that may be running. Otherwise they will not load the new settings until their next restart.

Scott

Return to General Information