Anyway to print negative amount on receipt for a voided orde

General Information about POS Pizza 6

Anyway to print negative amount on receipt for a voided orde

Postby michaelspizza » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:55 am

I've had a couple of customers that want more verification that their credit card order was actually voided and a credit was issued. I know that the order is actually being voided on the merchant side but just telling the customer that sometimes isn't enough.

I currently have the voided receipts print that say **VOIDED ORDER*** at the bottom but they still see a dollar amount associated with the order on the voided ticket and are worried they are still being charged.

Is there a way to print out the ticket amount as a negative on the voided order to show the customer that it is a credit and not a charge. Or is there another/better way of doing this that I don't know?

Thanks!

Site Admin

Re: Anyway to print negative amount on receipt for a voided

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 am

I would need to check with the CC processors to see if they can print a refund / void slip. I don't know the answer to this off hand, and have not ever had a request for it before. The customer should see the transaction on their online banking within 24 hours of the void anyway.

I will ask the credit processor reps, the next time that I speak with them.

Have you tried going into the software provided by the processor to see if you can print a slip like this?

Scott

Re: Anyway to print negative amount on receipt for a voided

Postby michaelspizza » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 am

Good idea to check with the processor but they didn't have that capability. I guess I could always login to the processor's site and show them that the void went through if they persist. Hopefully the VOIDED ORDER will suffice for the majority. Thanks for the reply.

Return to General Information