Online Ordering

General Information about POS Pizza 6

Online Ordering

Postby michaelwu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 am

I have a few questions about the online ordering. It says on your main page that the customers can manage their own accounts with some type of add-on module. How hard is it to put in such a module? Also do you have a demo or a current customer running the online ordering system so that I can have a look at it?

This is the major deciding point as to whether or not I go with your product. There are plenty of other products out there that have online ordering support, but you are one of the few that have a direct solution that is not through a service. This interests me very much, but I would need to see how smoothly it operates and the simplicity of it.

Also does your online ordering work well with mobile phones? Can it be easily optimized for mobile devices?

Michael

Site Admin

Re: Online Ordering

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Michael,

We are just about ready to release a completely new web ordering system in a little over a week. Our web developer is putting the finishing touches on the new template which is optimized for mobile use. This new server is a completely different feel than our first online ordering system, and is very easy to use for the customer. We should be putting up a demo site link here in the forums in the next day or two. I will post an announcement when this happens. Once the demo site is ready, then it should be about 1 week for us to put together all of the files and build the installer program for this new system. Once that is done, there will be a formal update release of POS Pizza, along with the release of the web ordering 2.0.

Scott

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

The demo site is now open. See: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1415

Scott

Postby michaelwu » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Thank you for your response. That looks great! Very simple, and user friendly interface. This is exactly what I need for my customers. What is needed on my end to set this up? I know that I will need the full network version of your software, but what specifically for the web ordering?

Michael

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi Michael,

You would need an extra order-entry license for so that the web customers can submit their orders. You would need to download and install the online ordering package on a computer that has access to your main database server. This computer can either be on your LAN (at your store), or can be off-site at another location. I would recommend putting this on its own computer that isn't used for other purposes for security reasons. Not much is needed, just a basic Windows XP or newer machine just like the other modules.

Once you get this part installed, you can begin tweaking your menus and the web site to meet your specific needs. Once you are ready to go "live" with it, you would need to forward a port on your router to go to the web server machine's IP for the HTTP traffic. This is something that I would recommend having someone like your ISP do if you are not comfortable with it.

If you want greater security I would also look into getting a router that can easily have its ports split up into separate VLANs. This will allow you to run the server completely isolated from the rest of your network on it's own segment. You can then forward HTTP requests to that segment so that the web server handles the requests. You would also forward the DB Server port from the private web server segment to your main segment, so that the web service can access the data in your database.

If you really want to go the extra on this, you can give us a call since we are a Fortinet reseller. You could use a router like the FortiGate 60C (http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortiwifi/60C.html) or 40C (http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortiwifi/40C.html) with our without WiFi. With a router like this, you get full network segmenting including for your WiFi. This would allow you to setup guest access for your customers, and keep them out of your business LAN. It could also have them read and agree to a 'terms of service' before being allowed to access the internet via WiFi provided by you. You could also add features like web site filtering to keep users from going to non-family-friendly websites while browsing from your store.

Setting up the server itself however, is a very simple process.

Scott

Return to General Information