DDOC Printing Stopped

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Hometown Pizzeria

DDOC Printing Stopped

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

Each time I try to print a report after upgrading to windows 7 I am getting the following message, "DDOC Printing and Preview has stopped working". The server system is the problem for I can print from the other cs terminal all the reports. Anyone got any thoughts?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DDOC Printing Stopped

Post by Scott »

Which version of Windows 7 are you using? Do you have any AV software running on that machine? We're running almost on exclusively Windows 7 here and have never had a problem. Can you view the reports or does it not even get that far? If it's only during printing, then try printing to the same printer with Notepad to verify that there is no print driver problem.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

Scott wrote:Which version of Windows 7 are you using?
We are running Win 7 Home Premium

Do you have any AV software running on that machine?
We do not have any AV software, unless the Logitec Wife Cameras might be doing it.

Can you view the reports or does it not even get that far?
I can view reports without a problem just when you do to print is when it fails.

If it's only during printing, then try printing to the same printer with Notepad to verify that there is no print driver problem.
Notepad prints fine to the printer.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Ok, you've got me stumped. :shock: We've been using DDOC for the reporting for years, and have never had any issue with it at all.

Try manually selecting the printer in DDOC. Try printing to a different printer or to the XPS writer or something. Does it do that?

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I just tested it here on a Windows 7 Home Premium machine and no problem at all. Try the other printers as I mentioned in my last post.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

Scott wrote:Ok, you've got me stumped. :shock: We've been using DDOC for the reporting for years, and have never had any issue with it at all.
I understand this and it has me stumped also.

Try manually selecting the printer in DDOC.
I can never get that far as soon as I hit the print button or select the drop down to print it fails so I never see a printer to choose one.

Try printing to a different printer or to the XPS writer or something. Does it do that?
Like said above I never get a chance to print to any printer.

The other machine prints reports fine without a problem and that is running Win7 also same version.

I have tried deleting all printers from main server station (The one having the trouble) and reinstalling them all and same result.
I then reinstalled all of the CS software one the same main server station with the same result.
I rebooted it several times after each stage and same result.

Tonight took all the cs directory files that were functioning fine from our pos2 PC also running win7 and transferred them to main pos server. I ran everything fine but still the ddoc would show reports but crash on printing every time.

I then removed all traces of diocese from the registry and let it reinstall each reference in case there was a bad string and we had the same results.

I can print from any program as well as web pages and word docs and windows docs but never a ddoc.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I will contact the developer of DDOC and tell him about this and get back to you with the response. This is a 3rd party product for the report view/print system.

As I said we have used it for over 10 years without a single issue and it has been deployed on all types of Windows 7 64 and 32 bit systems as well as Windows 8 without issue until this point.

Scott
Hometown Pizzeria

Scott,

Thank you for the help. The results were a bad install of Windows 7 and a mother board from Asus configured for XP 32 bit. The combination of the two things caused the ddoc to fail.

Keith
durbancic
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by durbancic »

I have had problems printing to ddoc in the past also. What I found to be the problem was the printer that I was printing to was not the default printer on the machine I was using. If I changed the default printer to the one that I wanted to print the report to, the problem was fixed. This is the same on multiple machines here.

Dan
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

durbancic wrote:I have had problems printing to ddoc in the past also. What I found to be the problem was the printer that I was printing to was not the default printer on the machine I was using. If I changed the default printer to the one that I wanted to print the report to, the problem was fixed. This is the same on multiple machines here.

Dan

I'll forward this information to the developer also. I'm pretty sure that they haven't done any updates in awhile, but will pass this along.

Scott