Line item changes not printing

General Information about POS Pizza 6

Line item changes not printing

Postby Hometown Pizzeria » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 am

If I have a order for the pizza side using a line screen 1 and items for the fryer side also setup as line items 2 everything either prints or shows on the screen as expected. If I make a change to any of these items on the line printer 2 side it never prints a change slip. I can resend line 2 items individually from a cs terminal but no print. I only get the first printout only when the order was placed.

The last item is if I try to use the hold items 2 until 1 has completed nothing is held from the printer everything just comes in as normal the items for screen line 1 go to line 1 and items for kitchen printer go right to printer.

I am assuming given I am using one screen line and one kitchen printer this must only work or two line screens. I was trying to hold the kitchen printer stuff until the line screen was completed.

Site Admin

Re: Line item changes not printing

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Line Screens and Labels won't print changes to items. You would need to resend the modified item in this case.

Line printing to a receipt printer will only print depending on how "edit slips" are set to be handled in the software (none, always, or prompt).

There is no feature to hold items until others are completed. There is a "bounce on completion" that sends items completed on one line to another line. The bounce to line would have to be a screen or label type setup, and not a receipt type setup.

There is make-line screens and labels, and then there are filtered receipts. These are 2 completely different methods of getting things to the make lines.

Scott

Re: Line item changes not printing

Postby Hometown Pizzeria » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Thank You Scott,

When it prompted us to print a receipt when we modified a order we thought by the wording "Receipt" it was going to go to the main "Receipt printer and instead when tested it went to the kitchen printer not the receipt like it led us to believe.

Thank You,
Keith

Return to General Information