I need help with a startup command line code

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I need help with a startup command line code

Post by joshwho »

Hey Scot I want to make the dbserver a system process so it starts before windows is logged in.

when I try just running the dbserver executable it just opens the config tool for it. is there something I can add to the line to make it run when it gets executed? I am hoping this will change the fireing order I want the dbserver to be the first one that boots
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I need help with a startup command line code

Post by Scott »

It already works that way by default. Once the server is "Running" it will auto-start as soon as the OS loads the primary device drivers. It runs long before the login (to Windows) prompt is shown.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

ok sweet I will make it to where windows doesnt log in any more then . The reason why I am doing this is because I keep having a prob with it every other day. I have the server reboot every morning around 1:00 am and some times the dbserver crashes and gives me that send crash report dont send message and I figured maybe it is having conflicts with other startup devices so if i just made it pos pizza only and x-charge it should be a issue any more.
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

Well I tried that theory I had about it running without windows starting and the only thing that does run is pospizzadbserver everything else like future order server online order server and caller id doesn't start until windows is logged in.

is there a command line that can start the servers? I know I can execute them from command but it doesn't start the servers it just runs the config utility.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The other severs are just regular apps, so getting them to run as a service app is possible, but you may end up losing the user interface on them, and have to manually stop them using the task manager. There are no command line options for the server apps, and they will simply start if everything is okay.

If you are getting a configuration window, then they do not have the proper current directory set. Try doing a CD\POSPizza6\CS before the future order and online ordering servers, and a CD\POSPizza6\Whozz before launching the caller ID server.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

One more thing, you may want to add the /d command line to each of these so that they "delay" their start for 1 minute. This gives the db server time to fully initialize so that it is UP when these other servers attempt to start.

Scott
joshwho
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by joshwho »

Works great with the /d added to it now everything is automated now. Thanx scott.