Upcoming Changes

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Upcoming Changes

Post by Scott »

We have had several of you call, email and post here wondering about the Dine-In module as well as some other things. Here's a rough schedule of what is planned for POS Pizza over the next 2 to 3 months.
  1. Release the Dine-In Module as a beta with new editors for configuration, sections, and tables in the Management Utility.
  2. Release a server update which will better accommodate the Dine-In module as well as some other changes for future features. Both of these parts will be released at the end of November 2011.
  3. Release New Reports for Dine-In Module, and a Base Profit Amount Report.
  4. Release a 6.20 version of the software with the final Dine-In module and its reservation module, and documentation.
  5. Release an update to the main POS Package that will allow X-Charge and ChargeIt Pro to retain a customer's last card information so that it can be used on future purchases.
  6. Release updated X-Charge Module to add the ability to retain credit card info from last purchase.
  7. Release updated ChargeIt Pro Module to add the ability to retain credit card info from last purchase.
These are the only things for now that are set in stone. There are also other things that we're looking into but no final decision on these just yet. These would include some form of credit card payment using a 3rd party provider for our online ordering module and/or the possibility of a complete integration for a 3rd party online ordering service provider. There are a few others as well, but I won't get into those just yet. :P

Anyway, I hope that this answers a few questions for you all.

Scott
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Upcoming Changes

Post by H-Man »

Scott wrote:There are a few others as well, but I won't get into those just yet. :P
Please do elaborate..........
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

According to what I am reading here the CS version is up to 6.10.16??? Why is the LT version at 6.10.12? Are the new updates going to also be included for it as well?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Yes as of this posting, the current version for CS is 6.10.16. This is primarily because the beta testing is finishing up for the dine-in module, which also effects a lot of other parts of the system. The Main POS must be able to recognize the Dine-In orders and properly release tables when cashing them out, there are now wait staff tips to deal with, etc... This reaches many other parts of the system so there have been a lot of updates with the full versions lately.

All versions will be released as 6.20.00 sometime right after the holidays. Documentation and other minor fixes are being worked on in the mean time, along with some of the things that were mentioned in my original post.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Do you have waitresses beta testing this as well? I'm a computer geek, and I see things differently than "normal people". So I don't understand what they don't understand, etc.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I know that several locations are currently running it, so I must assume that waitresses are running it. It is modeled after the v5.x dine-in module so I don't think it should be much different from their point of view. we've had locations running the v5 dine-in module for years and some of them have recently made the switch.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

ok cool. i learn some speedy UI tricks from the staff here. they're surprised they teach me stuff!