sales summary report

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
jingo

sales summary report

Post by jingo »

The sales summary report seems to be inaccurate. If I divide my gross sales by 1.08 I should come up with my sales taxable amount, and I don't. My sales tax is 8%. There is obviously a problem in the tax calculations.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sales summary report

Post by Scott »

The taxable totals aren't always going to be able to be calculated in the way that you are doing it. There are cases where you have non-taxable items, and delivery charges (which aren't taxable unless you setup a separate "Delivery Tax"). For example if you have the following order with an 8% sales tax rate:

Item 1 (taxable) $10
Item 2 (not taxable) $10
taxable total $10
tax amount $0.80

order total $20.80

amount obtained by dividing $20.80 by 1.08 = $19.26 which is way more than the taxable total of $10.00.

Check all of your items, and if you're using non-inventory items check a tax box when adding them to the order. If you're using a delivery fee, and you want it to also be taxed, setup the delivery tax as 8% (in your case) also.

Scott
jingo

Post by jingo »

Ok, it is probably my delivery fee changing it. I've checked and double-checked all of my items and they are all marked for sales tax. I guess that I should make that taxable as well. I will look into this further.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

jingo wrote:Ok, it is probably my delivery fee changing it. I've checked and double-checked all of my items and they are all marked for sales tax. I guess that I should make that taxable as well. I will look into this further.
It should only be marked taxable if your state's laws state that such services are taxable.

Scott