Cash drawer not opening (read other posts)

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
shannon

Cash drawer not opening (read other posts)

Post by shannon »

Hi, I am a newbie at POS. I have everything setup and working except the drawer, it was working only on payment for an order. when I added the kitchen printer Star SP500 it stopped working. It never opened from the open reg button though. I am using supervisor/ admin account with all rights, all settings for it to open are on. It is attached by RF cable from counter printer (default) BTP-2002CP II. Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cash drawer not opening (read other posts)

Post by Scott »

Which printer definition are you using?

If the printer is Thermal use the SP300 settings, if it is Impact (ribbon), use the SP200 settings.

If neither of these open the drawer, then you may need to contact Star and ask them what the drawer open sequence is for your specific printer. If you can get the ASCII codes for that printer's open drawer sequence and post them here, I can convert them to what you should put into POS Pizza.

Scott
shannon

Post by shannon »

Thank you, where do I put these in? I have it set for cash drawer attached to printer which is the BTP 2002cp II, the star is the kitchen printer.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

These settings can be found by going into the Management Utility then clicking "Configure", then "Local Machine Config".

If the drawer is attached to a printer, that printer must be Printer #1 in the list ("Printer Settings" tab). Make sure that you have it setup this way, or it will not function.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Another good source of info on this can be found on page 18 of the POS Pizza 6 Manager Docs.

Scott
shannon

Post by shannon »

Hi Scott, thanks again, ok I have the command description for the BTP-2002CP II. It looks like a foreign language to me, I can't find anywhere in there an open drawer code. I called the printer manufactuer and they "can't" help me bcs it's too old, 6 yrs. What should I look for in there? I found an error code for drawer Low / High signal. And some about the kick open drawer for pin connections, that's it. This free program is so amazing I really want to get it working, especially since I've already put our entire menu in. It worked before I don't know what happened. Hope you can help thanks.
Last edited by shannon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannon

Post by shannon »

Also the can I use the generic printer settings or do I have to add this printer and put in all the settings?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can use any of the settings, but you will need to know what drawer kick code that the software should send to the printer in order to have it activate the drawer. The software needs to know this so that it can send this sequence to the printer when the drawer should be opened. Once the printer receives this string of characters, it activates the drawer.

When it worked before, did you change anything to make it stop working or did it just stop? If it just stopped, it could be that the drawer solenoid is bad, or the printer's power supply no longer has enough current to open the drawer.

Is your drawer attached to the printer that is specified as printer #1 in Local Config?

Are you using the originally provided cable between the drawer and the printer?

Just some things to think about...

Try using the Epson TM-88 setting for your printer. Many manufacturers understand the Epson command set since it is a "standard".

Scott
shannon

Post by shannon »

I got it, the definition was not correct. The open drawer set for Beiyang BTP-2002CP II is: {27}{112}{0}{100}{100} Just in case anybody else needs it. Thanks for all your help and for the great FREE program! One more question for you, is there a way to enlarge the font and take the prices off the kitchen printer? It's a Star SP500. Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

shannon wrote:...One more question for you, is there a way to enlarge the font and take the prices off the kitchen printer? It's a Star SP500. Thanks
The only way to get full control over fonts and print content is to go to the graphical print mode which is available only in the full versions of POS Pizza. You can see an example in the Free version by going into the printer definition editor and then editing one of the "Graphical Kitchen x +" definitions. Once you get into the definition click on the button labeled "Test Script" to see what the output would look like for that definition.

You can trick it in to making the entire receipt in a bigger font in the regular mode by editing the printer definition and changing the printer init sequence to also include the Bold font sequence by adding it onto the end of the init sequence. Next you would remove both the normal and bold font sequences, and then change the columns/width setting to half of its original value. Before doing any of this though, I would make a copy of the original settings so that you can revert back to them. You could also just create a new printer definition using the original as your starting point and making the above changes to it.

Eg Star Thermal w/Big Font:

Code: Select all

Columns/Width:  20

Init Sequence:  {27}@{27}W1

Normal & Bold Font sequences both blank.

Job End Cut:  {10}{10}{10}{10}{27}d0

Color Sequences both blank

Print and Advance: {10}

Open Drawer: {7}
Scott
Mike
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Mike »

I'm glad that you got it working. I'm not sure where you got your version of POS Pizza or how you first found us, but if you got it from CNET it would be very helpful if you could write a review there. The more people that get the software the more helpful it is to us. Thanks!