upgrading to 6 from 4

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
ahamilto

upgrading to 6 from 4

Post by ahamilto »

I have pos pizza 4 running on my system, and haven't been to your website in a long time. I knew that I must have been behind the times a little, but in reading about version 6, it looks amazing. I was wondering what I would need to do in order to upgrade from version 4. Do I need to go to version 5 and then work my way up to version 6? Or will I lose all of my data and have to start from scratch? Please help!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: upgrading to 6 from 4

Post by Scott »

You can go straight to version 6. Download the LT version to test the conversion process.

You will first need to make a backup in version 4, and then install version 6 LT. Make sure that you let version 6 go to it's own folder (DO NOT INSTALL INTO v4's FOLDER).

At the end of the install process the "Database Creation Tool" will run allowing you to create a new database for POS Pizza 6. After you create your supervisor account by entering a user ID & PW, you will come to a page on the creation tool that allows you to import from a previous version's backup. Select this option, and then browse to your version 4 backup file. The backup will be extracted and you will be shown a screen asking which parts of your data to convert. Check all of the boxes to convert all of your database items from 4 to 6.

Once the process completes, you can enter version 6's Management Utility using the same user ID & PW that you used when creating the data file. You can now have a look at your data, and it should all be there.

Your current version 4 installation and data will not be altered in any way, so you can continue using v4 while evaluating 6.

Scott