Problems with credit card payments

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Tim

Problems with credit card payments

Post by Tim »

Scott,

I am getting an error when I try to process a credit card payment through the POS. At the order payment screen I select credit card as the payment type and select OK. Instantly an messege pops up stating "Error: Range check error", after selecting OK to acknowledge the messege, the X-Charge processing screen pops up and the transaction is finished through that screen. I'm using X-Charge 7.1 R5 OI, which I haven't changed the settings on since I set it up for v5 of POS Pizza. Any ideas?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with credit card payments

Post by Scott »

Tim, I would recommend contacting X-Charge and seeing if they have any newer versions of their software available. You should also install the latest x-charge client (from them) on each of your stations that will be processing cards. I can't find any error messages in POS Pizza called a range check error, so I am guessing it is from their client. Call their tech support because they did have an update this past October I think.

Scott
Tim

Re: Problems with credit card payments

Post by Tim »

This was indeed an XCharge issue that required a patch on thier side of things. All is well now, thank you!