Nighlty Paperwork

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Carasellaspizzeria

Nighlty Paperwork

Post by Carasellaspizzeria »

Hi can someone please help me figure some stuff out! When I go into my Sales summary report at the end of the night, it doesn't show my over/under? It also has coupons and it adds it onto my total, shouldn't it be subtracting it from total? Until I figure this out I have been taking my Gross Sales amount and subtracting my paid outs (which doesnt show up) and then think that total should be my deposit but it always comes out short! I don't know what I am doing wrong! Sometimes workers don't put credit cards in as credit cards, does that make a difference? Should I make sure they are putting them in as credit cards? Can someone please tell me how they do there nightly paperwork!! Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nighlty Paperwork

Post by Scott »

You want to look at the drawer open close report since that will show your over under for that drawer. The drawer report deals strictly with the cash on a given station. It shows starting cash + cash in - cash out (change, debit cash back). This will show what you should have and when you close the drawer it will show the actual amount and the difference. Credit card totals are also there too so that you can balance them with a credit card machine.

The next report of interest would be the bank deposit report which is a summary of the above drawer reports for all machines as well as for what drivers took in. This report will show the amount that you would be depositing for the period.

The sales summary report shows all of the totals, and how they relate to each other. The category totals are summed and shown and then the gross (ticket totals) have sales taxes, delivery fees, etc. subtracted from them, and coupons and discounts added back in to show how they correlate with the category totals. This is because the category totals are based on the raw totals of all items sold in those categories, taxes and delivery fees are then added and discounts subtracted to come up with a total that should be the same as the gross ticket totals.

This takes a little getting used to compared to v5, but most people have said that they really like the new way much better and that it has a greater degree of accuracy than before.

Scott
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Nighlty Paperwork

Post by H-Man »

The sales summary report is the wrong report to be looking at for over/short. As Scott stated you want to see the drawer report. It has paid outs and everything that you are looking for all in one place. The nightly paperwork is different in v6, but is much better. These changes are long overdue in my opinion, and are one of the biggest improvements to the system that have ever been made.