Increasing font size on printer

General Discussions
Papa-Enrico

Increasing font size on printer

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi, could you tell me how to increase the font size on the printer? I went into the settings and don't know which numbers to change.
Also, I purchased an All in One and it came with a customer display (for the total), but it wont show the price. Do I need to change something in software?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Increasing font size on printer

Post by Scott »

The printer's font change commands are very manufacturer specific. You could try the Epson TM-88 if it's a thermal printer, or the Epson TM-U2xx if it's an impact printer, since many printers are "Epson compatible". If that doesn't work, then you will need to contact the manufacturer, and request the "escape sequences" for the various functions on the printer.

The full versions of POS Pizza additionally offer extended graphical printing, which allows you to print using Windows fonts instead of the printer's on-board fonts. This is a much nicer option and gives you full control over the receipt.

The LT version will not work with a customer display. The full versions can, provided that it uses either ESC/POS or AEDEX as a protocol over a standard serial port.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Re: Increasing font size on printer

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi Scott.
Yes I have the TM-T88IV thermal. but I like the idea of using Window fonts...I will Definitely be purchasing the full version...
Thanks for the reply