Why

General Discussions
RGP

Why

Post by RGP »

I have been using this system for 4 and a half years now and wonder why do I need to pay extra to upgrade to version 7?

Why do I need to pay extra for things like online ordering which your site says is part of the software?

This is very frustrating and I don't want to be nickel and dimed to death when I already purchased the software over 4 years ago.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Why

Post by H-Man »

Do you seriously need to ask these questions as a business owner operator yourself?

If a customer buys a pizza and then wants to get another one later, wouldn't you charge extra for the new one? If a customer buys a pizza and then wants some addons like bread sticks and a drink, would you not charge extra for those too?

It's the same thing. If a business is to stay in business they need to charge for addons, upgrades and services. It's not nickel and diming.

In the end we're talking about minuscule prices here. $175 to add online ordering and upgrades are always reasonably priced compared to other vendors. I'm just trying to figure out where you are coming from with this. If you want a free upgrade to version 7, go download the free version of the software. If you like the added value and features of the full version, then pay the upgrade price.

I've been using this software for a very long time and will happily pay for upgrades and extras because they are well worth the price and I want to see Summit stay in business so that we can continue to get more updates in the future too.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why

Post by Scott »

The updates within a major version (eg 5.x, 6.x, 7.x) are always free. Upgrades (going from one major version to another) (eg 5 to 6, 6 to 7) are free within 1 year of your original purchase date. Otherwise they are paid upgrades and are usually below $200 if going up only 1 version number, which is very reasonable when compared to others.

The site says the online ordering is integrated, but also states that it requires an additional license, as does the documentation for the online ordering. As pointed out the cost is only $175 if you're using a full version of the POS, which covers the additional node license to run the online ordering server. Online ordering services, through a 3rd party company will have additional costs associated with them. Contact those companies for details on their pricing structures. See the online ordering types comparison chart for differences in the methods available.

POS Pizza is still very low cost by comparison to others. Other POS systems use the 3rd party online ordering services for their integrations, so there is nothing different when using one of these 3rd party services, but we do also offer a module that you can fully manage yourself without having to use these 3rd party services and with no monthly fees, with the exception of the required internet connection.

Scott