Printing marketing labels

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
zippaz23

Printing marketing labels

Post by zippaz23 »

I have a dymo label printer which prints from my order console without a problem. How do I go about printing lazy, and new customer marketing labels on it. There is only the option to print on 2 styles of avery labels. These settings won't print right on the dymo printer. Is there any special settings I have to change to get it to print on the dymo printer? Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could possibly modify the template "MAIL_LBL.INI" file found in the main POS Pizza folder and see if that works. I have never actually tried this myself, but it should be able to be done. See the header in the top of the file for directions on adding your own label definitions.

Scott
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

I never use the label function in POS Pizza. I have found it is much easier to export the database to a CSV file, open it in excel, and take the data from there. I do a new cust and 30-60-90 mailers every month. The new customers are easy to get from the date entered. then 30-60-90 can be taken from the last order date. If you save each type of mailer (cut and paiste) to a ditterent tab in excel and save the file, you can use the mail merge function in word to export the data to any kind of mailing labels. The data can be arranged by selecting the entire page (click on the upper left corner box) and then doing data sort (under the data tab, then sort... function)
Sent me a PM if you want more specific advice. I am pilling from 10 to 15% with my targeted mailers, and highly recommend them to everybody. One thing the BB mentions for post cards is offering a 45 day mailer with a good discount. It takes less effort, and pulls almost the same results. I like the idea of hitting my lazy customers more though, as those are the ones going to other shops.

-Chris