Printer on 3rd Workstation

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza 6 and 7
mporreca

Printer on 3rd Workstation

Post by mporreca »

I'm running POS v6.92, and have 2 OS terminals running, with an EPSON TM-U220 Receipt printer, and everything is working fine with these two terminals. With your recommendation, I set up a 3rd POS workstation for the drivers, which is also working well. I'd like to be able to use this terminal to enter orders as well, when we get a surge, but have been unable to get the receipt printer working. I've looked at everything I can think of, and the shared printer is not found when I browse the network, try to discover it, or enter it by name. Can you give me any suggestions on how to get this set up?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Printer on 3rd Workstation

Post by Scott »

Have you tried downloading the Epson Advanced Printer Driver? Generally if the printer is an Epson with a network interface built into the printer, the driver installer will be able to locate it during the install process.

If it is not a printer with a direct ethernet port on it, but rather one physically connected to another PC (usb, serial, parallel), and then shared through Windows, I would recommend hiring a Windows tech who can diagnose your network directly. Windows printer sharing usually works really easy, but can be a real pain at times. During those times it is recommended to hire a professional. They can usually resolve the issue within 20 minutes in most cases.

Scott
mporreca

Re: Printer on 3rd Workstation

Post by mporreca »

Thanks, Scott. Yes, I did install that driver, to no avail. I'll see if I can track down who originally set up the system here, and see if they can add the printer for me.