new order is created when deleting/adding item

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
jteninty

new order is created when deleting/adding item

Post by jteninty »

We are having an issue if an order being duplicated when removing and adding items. It appears to only occur when there was only one item on the ticket to begin with.

We create a phone order with our client computer that has one item. When the customer comes in we edit the order on the server computer by deleting the one item and adding another. (For ex. they order a large pepperoni pizza then come in with a coupon. Our employee deletes the pepperoni pizza and adds the seperate pepperoni pizza item that has the coupon price built in.) When this happens a new order with a new order number is created. So basically the order is duplicated.

Is there a setting in the system to avoid this from occurring?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new order is created when deleting/adding item

Post by Scott »

I tried to reproduce your issue, and I was unable to do so. I added one item, submitted the order. Edited the order, removed the item, and added a different item, and resubmitted the order. The order number remained the same, and no duplicate was created. I repeated this process with both a phone number, and without (walk-in), and no duplicates were created.

Also as an FYI, I tested this on v8.50.00 in the standard POS module. Can you tell me which version/module that you are using?

P.S. You could also do a "swap" on the item, which would effectively replace one item with another, using the same modifiers.