New version will not load DBClientdll

Questions and Answers that relate to the [CS] Version of POS Pizza
Papa-Enrico

New version will not load DBClientdll

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi, I downloaded and installed the new version 841. It will not allow me to open POSPizza because it can't open the POSPizzaDBClient.dll
McAfee blocked it because it contains a virus. Is it real or just a precaution? The virus is called PUP-XSV-CY. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I cannot use the program PLEASE HELP
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New version will not load DBClientdll

Post by Scott »

This is a false positive from your AV software. The DBClient.dll has been the same and unchanged for many years now (1.0.0.2), and we use ESET and Fortinet here and neither one shows an issue with this file. You can send the file to McAfee for evaluation, to help them correct the issue in the future.

You can see this false positive online using virustotal.com, as it scans it with numerous scanners and shows the results.

For now you should be able to tell the software to ignore that file, so that it doesn't delete it.

Scott
Papa-Enrico

Re: New version will not load DBClientdll

Post by Papa-Enrico »

Hi Scott
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you sent me a virus, I meant it detected one. I I turned off virus protection, download the new version then found the POSPizzaDBClient.dll and place it in the Exclude San section and now all is good...Thank you again