CASH DRAWER WONT OPEN

General Discussions
pizzanationsa

CASH DRAWER WONT OPEN

Post by pizzanationsa »

i have attached my cash drawer to my printer and followed the steps on the PDF but still wont open.

what should i do.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CASH DRAWER WONT OPEN

Post by Scott »

What brand of drawer and printer? Try using the Epson settings, many brands are "Epson compatible". Use the Epson TM88 (Thermal) and see if it opens the drawer.

To test, log into the Main POS, and click the "Open Drawer" button on the main page. No need to run test orders yet. If you can get it to open then move to a test order. If not, then go back into local config and try another printer profile (receipt printer type on left had drop drop down on Printer Settings tab of local config).

You may need to contact the printer manufacturer and get the Escape Codes to open the drawer if it is not a brand that we have listed or have information about.

Scott
pizzanationsa

Post by pizzanationsa »

hi, just setup my cash drawer and i followed the steps on the PDF file, but every time i print a receipt the cash drawers opens and even when i select credit card it still open, i went to Customer & Misc setting and i checked nothing is ticked on the open drawer setting. what should i do to fix ...
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If the drawer opens on every print job, then the problem is not in POS Pizza, and most likely the print driver. Go into the Windows control panel and then the printer driver for your receipt printer and look for things like Open Drawer Before Print Job or Open Drawer After Print Job and disable them.

Test the printer by using the Reprint Receipt button, not by creating an order. When using Reprint Receipt, only the receipt should print and the drawer should not open. The POS does not send and open drawer signal during reprints. To test the drawer, use the Open Drawer button, only the Drawer should open using that button.

Scott
e2computers

Post by e2computers »

Tip so you don't learn the hard way if you are using Star printers check the ends of the cables they are marked drawer and printer, apparently they are not bi-directional.