Modifier and grouping help

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
TOIMI

Modifier and grouping help

Post by TOIMI »

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up our system and I am wondering how to handle a couple things.

1. is there a way to make size a modifier with corresponding prices? for example when ordering online or in store when super deluxe is chosen there is a size modifier that allows the customer or employee to choose small-x-lrg and have the price change accordingly or do I need to go in and setup each size both round and deep dish as individual items?

2. what would be the best way to handle options that do not have an added charge associated with them, such as crust type (thin, gluten free, well done, lightly cooked) and crust flavors (butter, cajun, etc.)
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modifier and grouping help

Post by Scott »

Hello,

1. Sizes need to be different items, not a modifier. This is because the amount of each modifier used, and the price per modifier will be different based on the different sizes.

Tip: Once one of your items is added, use the "import" pulldown menu option (top left of item editor) to create different sizes much more quickly. Create your new size, import the settings from the other sized same item, and then just modify pricing and amounts used on toppings.

2. If the "Is a Topping" option is NOT checked then the "Flat per topping" fee will NOT be applied. Don't check this box for modifiers within the item.

For topping that cost a little more than regular toppings, set the individual prices. Set the additional for the toppings if you are also using the flat per topping charge. We demonstrate this in our sample data, on the pan crust type as well as premium toppings like steak or chicken.

Scott
TOIMI

Post by TOIMI »

Thanks Scott,

One more question (for now) is there a way to have a maximum amount of toppings? We also sell calzones but anymore than 5 toppings and they don't cook right. Is there a way I can limit it to 5
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

No, there are no limits which can be set on the number of toppings selected.

Scott
TOIMI

Post by TOIMI »

Hello Again,

so we have a full slab rib dinner and the customer can choose 2 sides, but we do sometimes get people that want double of 1 side. I currently have the sides set with an item group (S) and require 2 choices from that group (SS) in the options for the item. what would you suggest to be the best way to allow the customer to choose 2 of the same side?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Just add the same item 2 times. It will qualify. In the case where "no side" is selected, you could create a dummy item called no side and make it part of group S.

Scott