Toshiba Thermal Printer and cash Drawer

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
pwanderson

Toshiba Thermal Printer and cash Drawer

Post by pwanderson »

I have a Toshiba terminal with a Toshiba TRST-a00-uc-qm-r Thermal Printer. Windows Sees the printer with no problems. I can print Receipts from POS Pizza but it will not open the cash drawer. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toshiba Thermal Printer and cash Drawer

Post by Scott »

You will need to contact Toshiba or your vendor and ask them for the escape sequences required in order to open the drawer.

There is a set of codes that the POS needs to send to the printer in order to trigger the drawer, you will need to know what these are so that they can be configured in the POS.

Once you obtain the drawer open codes, then I can help you translate them and put them into the POS.

Scott
pwanderson

Post by pwanderson »

From what I am told the codes are 27,112,48,55,121

Thank you very much
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Go into the Management Utility then go to "Configure" -> "Global Printer Definitions". This will open a list of the currently defined printers. Click the "Add" button at the bottom of the list. Set the name to "Toshiba" or whatever best meets your needs. Using the numbers that you were given add {27}{112}{48}{55}{121} to the Open Cash Drawer field. Save the profile, and then go back to local config and choose this profile for your printers. You may need to tweak the number of columns or other fields as well. You could always borrow from the Epson printers since their standard is followed by many manufacturers.

Scott