Setting up kitchen print in LT version

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
Radar43302

Setting up kitchen print in LT version

Post by Radar43302 »

I think I'm missing something here as I cannot figure out how to print a kitchen printer or to the receipt printer so I can hand over to the kitchen.

I can get the customer receipt to print OK (with price), and when I setup #2 printer for make-line #2 items, it still prints a customer receipt with prices instead of receipt that breaks down the items / toppings. I am running the LT version for now, and see no way to customize the receipts (assume this is maybe not option in LT?) and just need some guidance.

I also fall into the issue where if an order is not paid (customer tab) and hit submit, order is printed to kitchen printer (for now Epson Inkjet to use Graphical 5.5 x 8.5), and as expected, not receipt on receipt printer. However if I click on edit, as I see no other way to close ticket, I hit cash and submit, it prints the order again at the kitchen and prints the customer's receipt. Anyway to stop the order from printing to the kitchen so they are not making duplicate pizzas / meals after an order is closed out?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting up kitchen print in LT version

Post by Scott »

Radar43302 wrote:I think I'm missing something here as I cannot figure out how to print a kitchen printer or to the receipt printer so I can hand over to the kitchen.

I can get the customer receipt to print OK (with price), and when I setup #2 printer for make-line #2 items, it still prints a customer receipt with prices instead of receipt that breaks down the items / toppings. I am running the LT version for now, and see no way to customize the receipts (assume this is maybe not option in LT?) and just need some guidance.
The receipts will all be the same style in the LT version. Customization is only available in the full versions. The LT version can change when a receipt prints, and what items go on the receipt, but cannot change things like header design, layout, and whether or not the price is printed. This gives you the ability to send pizzas to one printer, and other items to another in your kitchen, and then everything will always print on the customer receipt.
I also fall into the issue where if an order is not paid (customer tab) and hit submit, order is printed to kitchen printer (for now Epson Inkjet to use Graphical 5.5 x 8.5), and as expected, not receipt on receipt printer. However if I click on edit, as I see no other way to close ticket, I hit cash and submit, it prints the order again at the kitchen and prints the customer's receipt. Anyway to stop the order from printing to the kitchen so they are not making duplicate pizzas / meals after an order is closed out?
Use the cash out button from the main screen to close out your order. The default settings will print the ticket on printers 2, 3 and 4 when the order is first submitted (or edited), and then to printer 1 when it is settled. Printer 1 is typically your local printer at the register for cashing out, and printers 2 and above can be kitchen printers. This is the default layout, unless you have changed it. The printers designated in 1 through 4 are done in the local config, and the other print settings are in the global config (this is carryover from the full multi-station version). On the global config on the "printing options" tab page, you can set the grid at the bottom to setup which printers print at what point in the order's life cycle. On the right side of this page, you can also disable, enable or setup prompting for certain phases.

By editing the order and then cashing it out, the system sees this as an "edit" and send it to the printers designated for edit printing as well as the cash out printer. Using the cash out button will prevent this from happening. You can also enable prompting on edited orders to help give you a choice on your kitchen printers.

Scott