Epson TM T70 help plz!!!

General Seup or Installation Help
Giggle monster

Epson TM T70 help plz!!!

Post by Giggle monster »

Hi
Could someone please help me to connect my printer. It's a epson tmt70. I use a touchscreen monitor with windows embedded pos ready 2009 loaded on it. The program works fine I just can't get the printer or cash drawer to work. Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Epson TM T70 help plz!!!

Post by Scott »

Hello,

I am not familiar with the T70, but my recommendation would be to follow the steps below.

1) Install Epson printer driver and get test page to print.
2) Go into local config and select the TM-U2xx or TM-88 option on the left side dropdown in the printer #1 row.
3) Select the printer driver installed in step 1 above in the right side dropdown in the printer #1 row.
4) Select the drawer settings tab and set it to attached to printer #1 (unless it is a different type).
5) Save the settings.
6) Exit the POS completely down to the Windows desktop.
7) Start POS Pizza's Main Module.
8) Log in with your super user.
9) In the tools section select Print Receipt and try to reprint any of your existing orders.
10) Test the open drawer button directly next to the print receipt button.

If the formatting isn't correct on the printer, then go choose the "other" Epson option (one that you didn't choose previously), and see if that works better. You may also need to tweak the columns settings and save a custom printer definition.

If you are running one of the FULL versions of POS Pizza, you could always go to one of the "Graphical Extended" printer definitions since they work at a different level than character based printing.

Also, take a look at the manager's docs starting on page 16. You should also consult your Epson printer manual as well to find any escape codes that may be different than the ones setup in POS Pizza. I am not sure to what level your printer was 'not working', but this could be something that needs to be looked into as well.

Scott
Giggle monster

Post by Giggle monster »

Thankyou. I did end up getting it to work Before you replied. My problem was the driver. The driver is the same as the epson tm u220.
Now the printer is working but the cash drawer won't open. My drawer is connected to the computer/ touch screen moniter in its own port called drawer 1. The printer is connected via a network cable. The drawer doesn't plug into the printer. Could you tell me please what the settings should be? I've tried many different combinations now I'm just confused. I really love the pos so I really want the drawer to open :-) thanks.
Giggle monster

Post by Giggle monster »

I just realised I'm using version 6.70.00. When i go into managers utility then local config then cash drawer settings what should I have checked? The drawer only connects to a port called drawer 1 and it isn't a phone line it's similar but has pins.
Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You are going to need to consult the hardware manufacturer and find out how to signal the drawer open on that unit. A port on the PC labeled drawer is proprietary, so the manufacturer should have documentation on how to trigger the drawer. POS Pizza can signal, via serial, parallel, or printer driver.

Scott
Giggle monster

Post by Giggle monster »

Thanks Scott :-)
Giggle monster

Post by Giggle monster »

Hi Scott

I purchased a new cash drawer that connects to the printer only via a phone line type cord. It still won't open :-( it says compatible with epson printers. Please could you help me with the codes to open the drawer. I really want it to work. Thanks in advance. :-)
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Epson open drawer code: {27}p{0}dx

I would also double check that your cable is an actual Epson Drawer Cable. Phone lines look the same on the outside, but are not wired in the same way.

Scott
Giggle monster

Post by Giggle monster »

Thanks I'll give that a go. The cable came with the drawer so I assume it's the right one.
Giggle monster

Post by Giggle monster »

Hi Scott.

That code didn't work. I'm so disappointed. A new compatible drawer and I still can't get it to open :-( any other ideas?
Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I just had another customer in the past few days with an TM T70, and that code worked for them. They were using the latest Epson driver for that printer. Are you using Epson's driver? That is the only other thing that I can think of.

Scott