Brother Label Printer

General Seup or Installation Help
Salonico

Brother Label Printer

Post by Salonico »

Here's my problem. I have two Epson printers: printer 1 on console #1 is for receipts, printer 2 on console #2 is kitchen printer. I bought a Brother QL 570 for labels which I configured on console #3 as Dymo. Using OrdCon32, I cannot see anything in it. If I click F5 it tells me printing is disabled, I need to use Management to enable it. Using OCPOM I receive the message "Order console #1 already running". If I use it with number 3 at the end, I receive the message "Error opening DLS. This application will shutdown". What am I doing wrong?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brother Label Printer

Post by Scott »

We do not support Brother label printers. DLS is Dymo's Label Software that ships with their printers. Our software communicates directly with theirs and prints via this software link. It is therefore not possible for some other printer to work in Dymo mode.

If your printer supports "standard" windows print mode, it may be able to work, but using one of the recommended is best.

Scott
_pizzadude_

Post by _pizzadude_ »

Bump. Any chance the Brother label maker could work with V6 of the POS? Or is there a way to use P-Touch, Brother's software instead of Dymo's?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We don't directly support other label print formats, but they may be able to work in line printer mode if the specific printer supports that. I know that some people have successfully used a zebra printer in that manner.

I don't know any specifics about the p-touch so I am not sure what is supported coming from a computer, whether it is proprietary, open, or a combination of the two.

Scott