Dymo Label Printer Problem

User-to-User general discussions regarding POS Pizza
zippaz23

Dymo Label Printer Problem

Post by zippaz23 »

I've had my 3 node POS Pizza system for about a year now with no problems up until yesterday. I have a DYMO Label printer hooked up to Order Console 1 (my fryer station). For some reason the DYMO label printer quit printing yesterday. It was a total disaster since the Super Bowl was yesterday which is my busiest day of the year. When I select complete order and press Yes to print, the label spits out but with nothing printed on it. The labels are loaded correctly. I originally thought that maybe the DYMO printer was broken. But when I go into the DYMO printer's properties and select print test page, it does print the microsoft windows logo on the label so I know that the DYMO printer isn't broken. Do you have any idea what I can do to get this printer working again? I thought about reinstalling the printer drivers from the DYMO CD but is this even necessary since it prints a test page with no problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Have you tried unloading and then reloading the print server? Are you running this via a print server or from a screen (Ordcon32)? If so, are the orders showing up on screen?

Scott
zippaz23

From a screen (ordcon32)

Post by zippaz23 »

I'm running it from a screen (Ordcon32). Yes the orders do show up on the screen. Everything is working normal but when I mark the order as finished and select yes to print it, a label spits out with nothing on it.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try leaving the DLS software open in the background. Some of their new versions of the sofware need to be open for some reason which we have not been able to figure out. See if this helps.

Scott
zippaz23

I fixed the problem

Post by zippaz23 »

I reinstalled the dymo software and everything's back to normal now. It prints labels once again, thank god!!!!!!!!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Glad to hear it.

If your volume of label printing gets fairly heavy, you may want to consider going to a Cognitive printer at some point down the road. The label's a cheaper and the printer is designed more for this type of use, so in the long run it will save you money.

Scott