How long is a typical scrub

Information and help with the Hard Disk Scrubber
david123

How long is a typical scrub

Post by david123 »

I have a 8GB drive and I am running a normal scrub using v2.1 in Win 2k operating system. I started 24 hours ago and it is still running. Meter is showing status of 100% and a continuously running disk free window at negative 2,345,6xx and counting. When I look at the drive via Win explorer it shows total free space of only 151 MB. I realize this is supposed to overwrite and then delete these files at the end. But how long does a scrub like this usually take? Should I click "exit" and restart the scrub?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It sounds like something removed temp files during the scrub process. Make sure all other programs are shutdown, and then start the scrub process over again. Once it says Block Shift on the scrubber status window, it should not take more than another 5 to 15 minutes. This should only happen when there is less than 4 megs of free space remaining on the disk.

The Scrubber will ask you whether or not to remove the files it created at the end of the process. If you accidently answer no to this prompt, you will be prompted again the next time you run the scrubber.

Scott