MenuDrive is updating there system

POS Pizza MenuDrive integration downloads, discussions and information.

MenuDrive is updating there system

Postby jim » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:35 pm

MenuDrive sent me this today. Just wanted to give you a heads up

Good Morning James,

We are reaching out to let you know that just before midnight this Sunday evening (8/16) and into Monday Morning (8/17), we will be upgrading our infrastructure to improve long-term product stability and future product enhancements. It is possible that your POS integration may be at risk due to this change.

This change is only in the background and used to support future enhancements over time. While we have already communicated to your POS Integration Partner, it may be necessary that you confirm these changes have been applied to prevent any issues with your operations.

Unfortunately, MenuDrive cannot confirm whether or not these changes have taken place, and cannot make the necessary changes for your location. As a result, we recommend you confirm with your POS provider that any required updates are completed.

The email below contains any information that your partners may need to support this change.Thank you in advance for your time and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Warm Regards,
Team MenuDrive

Site Admin

Re: MenuDrive is updating there system

Postby Scott » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:51 am

Unfortunately yesterday (8/12) was the first time that I was made aware of this, and it wasn't by MenuDrive, it was from one of our customers who received a similar correspondence. I reached out to them yesterday, and still have not gotten a reply. The other person did send me an email that they had attached that had supposedly gone out to POS providers (again, we never received any notice). According to that email there will be some additional IP addresses involved in processing the orders.

I can only assume from reading that email that it is for the 'push' api, which we are not using. We are using a 'pull' api, which is an outbound request so whitelisting IPs does not have any relevance. We use a FQDN (fully qualified domain name) to make requests with MenuDrive's servers. As long as they (MenuDrive) update their DNS, there should be no issues with it working on our end.

I am still waiting to hear back from them and have called several people, but apparently none of the tech people that I used to work with in the past are there any longer.

Scott

Postby jim » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks for again for the info

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:19 am

I still have not heard back from them.

Scott

Postby jim » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:49 pm

I called MenuDrive today they told we should be ok. Sent me this email back with a reference number

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Menu Drive Support.

The reference number to the conversation we had today is 00123956. I will revert back to you through email if my back end team comes up with any know issues with the new update in regards to your Menu Drive integration with POS Pizza.

If you have any more questions please contact Menu drive support at 877-787-6368.

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you and Be Safe.

Regards,

Stacey | Customer Care Executive
Menu Drive Customer Care
support@menudrive.com
877-787-6368
www.menudrive.com

ref:_00DF076Td._5005A1IPlNU:ref

Return to MenuDrive Integration