Updating Database...

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
GeoDaddy

Updating Database...

Post by GeoDaddy »

Sometimes, when I make changes to the Items/Toppings tables in the database, I don't see them show up on the POS Client Order screen....

I take it that ther has to be some steps taken to make those modifications available to the client... so I have been logging off the users, shuting down the application - even logging out and logging back into the XP Pro session. I have also tried doing an Integrity Check and Rebuild Index/Tables.. and it eventually works...

Is there a - specific - place to work back to - to take updates forward on the client screens???

g
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

No, the changes are made immediately to the database and everyone on the network should be able to see it. If not, then I would look at things like caching settings on your network. Any caching should be disabled when you are sharing data files as in this situation.

If you are seeing a lag, then you need to get this resolved before you could actually begin taking orders on the system in a "live" environment, since all of the nodes would depend heavily on the database being current for all nodes.

Running the rebuild or recover options on the database files is *not* recommended unless the program specifically gives you a "database" error during a read or write operation. Typically you will see an Error #22 or Error #7 whenever the indexes get corrupted. The most common cause of this is power failures during operations.

Scott