URGENT - Future Orders

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
Salonico

URGENT - Future Orders

Post by Salonico »

When I schedule a future order, it will accept it, but it will dissapear from the system and will never print it. Going to Database Maintenance, tells me that there is no problem but the tickets appear in there. Now, when I ran the utility last time, something went wrong. When I open the POS program now, it tells me ERROR: Opening Future Order File, Cannot Continue!. What should I do?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

1. ) Make sure that your NODE 1 station has a printer configured for order taking because that is the node that processes the future orders. (Do normal orders print from node 1?)

2. ) Node 1 MUST be running in order for the future order to be processed when it's time/date come up. Otherwise it will process as soon as that node is started.

To correct the problem (File Damaged), go to MY COMPUTER and open the POSPizza\DATA folder and delete the file called PizzFOrd.PZ5. Re-run the main POS and it will re-create this file.

You should NEVER run database maintenance on a file unless it fails the Integrity Check!!

Future Orders should be able to be edited and seen after you enter them and will have order numbers greater than 1000000. If they have a normal order number then, either the future order processing option is not configured or the date was incorrectly set on the future order.

Scott
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

Scott wrote:
You should NEVER run database maintenance on a file unless it fails the Integrity Check!!

Scott
What exactly does this mean? I shouldnt be re-building my database ever?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

chrispizza wrote:What exactly does this mean? I shouldnt be re-building my database ever?
No, you should only do a rebuild or recover if you get an error on the "Check Integrity". Otherwise there really is no point.

Scott

P.S. Also if you need to rebuild a database it should only be done from the machine that is the server (or has the copy locally installed on it). Doing a rebuild across the network is an unnessisary risk.
Stageline

Data base Rebuild

Post by Stageline »

So what happens if you do a rebuild without first failing the integrity check? I ask, because I'm pretty sure I did that tonight.

-Rick
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Usually nothing, but it is best not to rebuild a file that does not need it. The only time you would want to rebuild a file without failing integrity is if you purge a bunch of customers, you should rebuild the phone number file.

If you see error 7's, 9's, or 22's on a customer file, then use the "Recover" button instead of the rebuild button.

Scott