Questions from a rookie

Help with the POS Pizza databases, Items + Toppings, Employees, Customers, etc
Salonico

Questions from a rookie

Post by Salonico »

Let's say someone wants extra pepperoni on only half of the pizza. How can I do this? I see the 1/2 setting but not something to mention extra. Also, where is the customer import utility? How can I get to it? I downloaded the Utility Pack, but the only shortcut it adds is the "DB Serial Number Fix Utility". Thanks.
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

You need to set up the option of pepperoni in the items menu, and click the option for 1/2 toppings, and put in a price. The option for 1/2 pepperoni will then come up on the order taking screen.

What customer data are you importing? I entered all my data by hand when I first set up POSPizza a few years ago. It wasn't in any kind of database to start with, so that was really the only option though.
Salonico

Post by Salonico »

I already have the item created and the 1/2 option available. If someone wants 1/2 extra pepperoni and the other half just plain, I don't know how to do it. There is no setting for double quantity on only one half. Regarding the customer info, I am talking name, address, numbers, etc.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can do one of two things... You can 1 add another set of toppings called Extra {topping name} and use them, or you can use the special instructions field to indicate this.

Scott
Salonico

Post by Salonico »

If I use the special instructions field, will I be able to add a price on the fly?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could mark a "whole" topping (which will charge the proper amount), but in the special instructions field you could say for example: onions doubled on 1/2a (or something to indicate that it is not a normal whole topping.

Scott