Access to Specific Management Utility function

Questions and information about the Premium POS Module
gmollineau

Access to Specific Management Utility function

Post by gmollineau »

Hi

I am trying to setup a button in the Premium POS module for the Adjust/Count Inventory function. This will allow the cashier/supervisor to enter the required inventory at the end of the shift.

When I assign Launch Management Utility to a button, it launches the full Management Utility, starting with the Select Database window. I do not have the option to select a specific function (e.g. Adjust/Count Inventory). Also when I go into Employees, there is no option to grant access to only the Adjust/Count Inventory function (there is only the Can Edit Inventory).

Is there a way that I can setup the Adjust/Count Inventory function to be launched from the Premium POS, without database window prompt and the system go straight to the Adjust/Count Inventory?

Regards

Gerald
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Access to Specific Management Utility function

Post by Scott »

Individual management Utility functions cannot be exported to the Premium Module, you can however grant rights in the management utility for those people by first adjusting the SL settings on (GLobal Config -> Security) so that the "Add / Count Inventory" value is lower than the "Inventory Edit" value. These default at 100, so an easy way would be to set the Add / Count value to 90.

Once the two values above are set differently (edit higher than add/count), set the user so that he has an edit SL of equal value to the "Add / Count Inventory" value from above. If we set this to 90, we will set the employee's value to 90 for SL. This is the first value (top most) on the Management Util Rights tab page in the employee editor. Set this to 90, place a check in the boxes labeled, "Can Access Management Utility" and "Can Edit Inventory". Do not check any other options on that page. So the employee will be granted general access, and access to the inventory section, and will have an SL of 90. Also, in order to do these things the Employee type must be set to Custom on the User Level & Password tab page under Account Type.

Now when that employee logs in to the Management tool, they will have general customer edit access (default) and they will be able to use the add / count inventory functions. The inventory edit and other functionality will all be hidden from the employee.

Scott
gmollineau

Post by gmollineau »

Thank you Scott
gmollineau

Post by gmollineau »

Hi

I have got it working.
my only problem now is the login screen. when the button is selected, the Management Utility Login Screen appears but the Touch Screen keyboard does not activate. Am I missing something?

Gerald
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The management Utility does not support touch screen.

I suppose you could activate the Windows popup keyboard, but a real keyboard is recommended for the management utility due to the large number of fields involved. I would keep a USB keyboard handy for the stations that you want to run management from.

Scott