Add toppings to pizzas

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
themascotpizza

Add toppings to pizzas

Post by themascotpizza »

Lets say a costumer orders a Large pepperoni pizza but wants to add olives on it, how could I either create a "Create your own" category... OR add a topping to a already on the menu pepperoni pizza?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add toppings to pizzas

Post by Scott »

You should add all available toppings to all Pizzas. See our sample data for a good example of this.

Lets say that you are adding a Hawaiian Pizza to your menu.

The Sauce, Cheese, Bacon, Ham, and Pineapple will all be entered as "Removable Standard" toppings.

Other toppings like Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Sausage, Olives, Tomatoes, etc will all be added to this same item, only as "Optional" toppings.

The Removable Standard, and Optional types are configured for the toppings on each item whenever you edit that specific topping. There is a radio option on the top right corner of the topping edit screen (within the master item), that allows you to choose the topping type.

Scott
treefetty

Post by treefetty »

Scott wrote:You should add all available toppings to all Pizzas. See our sample data for a good example of this.

Lets say that you are adding a Hawaiian Pizza to your menu.

The Sauce, Cheese, Bacon, Ham, and Pineapple will all be entered as "Removable Standard" toppings.

Other toppings like Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Sausage, Olives, Tomatoes, etc will all be added to this same item, only as "Optional" toppings.

The Removable Standard, and Optional types are configured for the toppings on each item whenever you edit that specific topping. There is a radio option on the top right corner of the topping edit screen (within the master item), that allows you to choose the topping type.

Scott
I understand this. I am wondering if there is a faster way to import all toppings to a master item instead of doing so individually? I don't understand "groups" either can you point me in the right direction on that topic? The youtube videos are really helpful.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

treefetty wrote:I understand this. I am wondering if there is a faster way to import all toppings to a master item instead of doing so individually? I don't understand "groups" either can you point me in the right direction on that topic? The youtube videos are really helpful.
Yes.

When you are in the item editor, look up on the top left corner of the window above the tabs. Click on the "Import" menu, then select either Import All or Import Toppings to import settings from another item into your current item. You can import all toppings from a previously setup item very quickly by selecting Import Toppings. Import All brings in everything except for the Item Name and Description fields.

----

Groups are just fixed groups of items that make up a special. An example would be a Large Pizza & Breads Sticks for some special price. Creating a group would be perfect for this as it would allow both (or all) items to be added at once, and then if any of them are removed, the rest of them are also removed.

Scott