online ordering 4.1 Problems

General Information about POS Pizza 6 and 7
TOIMI

online ordering 4.1 Problems

Post by TOIMI »

Hello Scott,

I installed online ordering but I have a few problems.

1. I created an account through the site, got conformation that it was created and moved onto the order section. I then logged out and tried to log back in with the account I just created and it says bad password and when you try to create a new account with the same number it states that the account already exists.. I know that the password is correct and I feel that it is worth noting that I did see this happening on your demo site but thought that maybe it was something that was supposed to happen so your database wouldnt get huge.

2. The online theme defaults to the JQuery-mobile which is fine as that is what I wanted however when you are in the actual order section and go into a catagory i.e. Calzones, the items in the catagories are listed using the "Short Name" that is assigned to the item instead of the actual item name.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: online ordering 4.1 Problems

Post by Scott »

If you mean our online demo then I am unable to find any accounts which were recently created on our demo system. Perhaps your caps lock was on when you signed up, reversing the case of your password? There have been no issues with passwords with the online ordering. If you are referring to your own system, then go into the Management Utility and then the customer editor, and edit the account in question. On the last tab page "Online Ordering" in the customer editor, you will be able to see the password if you are logged into the Management Utility with an account that has high enough access.

Short topping names are the default when toppings are selected and shown on the item. The long names are used on the topping buttons.

Items themselves don't have short and long names. They have display names which is what the customer sees, and what is shown in the olnline module, and they have the unique name which is used only in the POS system when presenting items in lists. The customer will see the full names, and those will also be what is printed on the receipt. It sounds like you may have put the wrong data into those fields. Please see our online ordering server demo.

Scott
TOIMI

Post by TOIMI »

Scott,

You are correct on number 2 I misunderstood what that field was for. However number 1 I am positive that there is something more, it was no more than 3 days ago now that I created an account on your demo site to look at the setup. I have also tried on my system with a second account and had the same results. Where might I find the logs for authentication so I can take a look at those?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Send me a private message with the phone number that you used, then I can look up the password. If the account is saying bad password, then the account was found. I only looked for accounts created within the past 7 days and did not see any. Private message me with the phone number used.

Scott