End of day process and report formating

General Information about POS Pizza 8
TOIMI

End of day process and report formating

Post by TOIMI »

We are finally in our testing phase and one of the things that I cannot find any information on is end of day process. How does everyone handle this end of day? Is there a way for each register to be counted down and a report generated for just that order station? Also when running the sales summary report from the reports section is there a way to format the report so that all the information prints on the receipt style printer? Currently it cuts off the far right side of the report.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: End of day process and report formating

Post by Scott »

Installed with the POS are a couple of documents that give details on daily report data and what comes from where. See the files POS Pizza Financial Reporting.pdf and then A Simple Sample Day in POS Pizza.pdf. Both of these can be found on the Windows 'Start' menu in the POS Pizza group.

Typically you want to start at the register level, and open and close each shift during periods where you want specific reporting for. This can be multiple times per day, or one time per day, or longer. When you open the shift put in the starting till amount. When you close the shift, put in the full amount counted in the drawer including the starting amount. Any over/shorts for that drawer will be shown on that report. The report can also be viewed at any point during the shift and will show the exact amount that should be in the drawer at the moment the report was generated. Shift opens and closes will take place at each individual register.

Delivery drivers are handled as their own entities and should not be associated with any drawers. If you take their starting bank from a drawer, then be sure to do a paid-out at that drawer in the same amount so that the drawer in question balances later. By the same token, if you place any driver drops, or return their banks to a drawer do a paid-in (negative paid-out) at the drawer in the amount being added to that drawer.

In order for the driver reports to be accurate, each driver must be properly setup in the Employee Editor section of the Management Utility. Make sure that you set their bank amounts, and how they get paid (per delivery, per item, per day, percentage, delivery fee collected, etc).

All reports in POS Pizza are designed to be printed on a standard full page printer, and will not properly print on the receipt printer.

Scott
TOIMI

Post by TOIMI »

Thanks Scott,

I guess I missed that documentation for some reason, and I kind of figured on the reports. I do have another question that is somewhat related in that I cannot seem to assign an employee with the standard permission levels i.e. supervisor, manager, cashier, to a delivery, I have to make everyone a custom user. if this is the way that it has to be thats fine but when I try to do that with my suppervisors account, even though I check every single box there are still things in the management utility that he cannot access. please let me know what to do here.

Thanks,
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We recommend that most all users (except full supervisors or disabled accounts) are custom user types. This gives you full control over every setting for each user.

If you are not able to do certain things, or change certain things from your current account, then you need to go in under the full supervisor account (the one created during the database creation phase), and modify the accounts from that account.

The generic account types "cashier" and "manager" were created mainly for people with simple single user installations. They have a canned set of rights that cannot be changed. For PCI compliance and for better overall security, we recommend using the custom account type, and enabling only those things that each employee needs.

Scott