CallerID in the UK

General Seup or Installation Help
DaveB

CallerID in the UK

Post by DaveB »

Has anyone got callerID working with POSPizza using a modem in the UK?

I noticed a previous post stated that the modem in question must be v.92 compliant, but the supporting PDF states "compatible with v.92 Caller ID modems and most voice modems".

I'm using a v.90 voice modem based on the Motorola sm56 chipset, which reports callerID data correctly in Hyperterminal (displays date, time, number etc). [A v.92 intel chipset softmodem was unable to display callerID information.]

However, the number is truncated on the POSPizza callerID screen (UK phone numbers are 11 digits long starting with a zero, but only the last 9 digits are displayed on screen).

I guess what I'm really after is an answer as to whether it is more likely to be the modem, or the callerID server software.

My client is part way through the 60 day trial period, and working callerID will certainly be a major deciding factor as to whether they opt for POSPizza or not!

On a totally different subject, will future versions of POSPizza be made available to registered v4.0 customers free or charge?

Thanks,
DaveB.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Hi Dave, it is the server that is truncating it. Below is a link to a UK version of the v.92 Modem server. Install the original version, then copy the EXE from this zip file into the main POS Pizza folder. This should resolve your problem.

UK Modem Server Click Here To Download Now

Scott