Line Printer vs. Dymo Printer

General Seup or Installation Help
Sarpino's

Line Printer vs. Dymo Printer

Post by Sarpino's »

Hey Mike,
I plan on having all of my orders print to a label. Every item ordered will have its own label and then the label will be stuck onto the appropriate box (small, medium, large, etc.) so we know what pizza will go in the correct box. For example, If John Doe orders a large pepperoni = a label will have "Large P" on it and that specific label will be stuck on a large box. I'm not quite sure what printer-to-label program PizzaPOS has built in to its software. I purchased the franchise and all they give me with it is 2 touch screen's w/computers and 2 receipt printers = I WILL NEED MORE THAN THAT! I have worked for Papa John's and Domino's and are familiar with the systems they use, I need to create a system like theirs to be able to compete. The unfortunate fact is that I am on my own when it comes to building an efficient system, they (Sarpino's) can't answer any of my questions. I'm looking into (2) Wyse-150es for my kitchen monitors = I have 2 make lines, each making different products. Now that your eyes hurt and I'm starting to ramble, would you recommend a line printer or a dymo printer to print labels to, and what models?
Thanks again for everything,
Sarpino's Pizzeria
You have to LEARN before you can EARN!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I'm not Mike but: 8)

I would recommend the DYMO LabelWriter 330 or 330 Turbo. They can print a lot more information on a label than a line printer can. It allows you to be flexible with what goes on what label. For example you could have the address print only on delivery orders on an extra line. With a line printer, you have a fixed number of lines on your label.

You can run the WYSE terminal's at your make lines, or you could run only the printers. There are many ways to set this up, and many locations prefer doing it differently. You can call me and I'll be more than happy to go over some of the more common (and not-so-common) setups for the kitchen area. There would simply be too much to type if I tried describing them all here... :D

Scott
Sarpino's

Thanks Scott

Post by Sarpino's »

I just read my post = what a pain-in-the-ass I just sounded like= Sorry! :oops: Thanks again for all the advise on Wyse-150 terminals and the Dymo printers. You can get the Dymo 330 Turbo for around $210, that's very reasonable. A new Wyse-150 are a little tougher to come across, most are refurbished. You know alot more than I do so please correct me if I'm wrong = LOL! :D Does Summit have plans to release any new downloads or versions in the future?

Sarpino's
You have to LEARN before you can EARN!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are working on version 5 as we speak. Expected release is sometime in the spring of 2004.

Scott