Pre-Installation Question's

General Seup or Installation Help
Sarpino's

Pre-Installation Question's

Post by Sarpino's »

Is Pizza 4.0 capable of the following setup w/Windows XP Pro and w/all separate stations?

* touch screen order console
* touch screen order console
* touch screen order console (all 3 sharing a receipt printer)
* driver console w/delivery summary print-out
* kitchen monitor
* kitchen monitor
* office computer capable of any task (orders, reports, dispatch deliveries, its own printer/fax, management untility)

Would I need 1 computer w/multiple monitors?
Would I need them all to have actual computers?
We will be open in 2 months with Pizza POS 4.0 and I see my competitors using multiple monitors w/keyboards all hooked up to 1 computer
I guess my only question is: Can Pizza POS 4.0 handle what I need in my business?

Appreciate any info,
Sarpino's Pizzeria
You have to LEARN before you can EARN!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

POS Pizza can handle those tasks. You will need a computer for each station listed. The only exception is the kitchen monitors. They can be run on a PC or a dumb terminal (like the WYSE-150), all of the others are GUI applications and need their own machines running Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.

Scott
atapi

win 95 and mscvrt.dll

Post by atapi »

im running a pos system with win 95
it says it cannot load the management console
cause of missing mscvrt.dll
any ideas???
Mike
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Mike »

You need to have OSR2 or higher, when running Win95. Try installing IE5 or IE6 on it. I believe they both contain the extended library support.

Mike
atapi

lol cant install ie5

Post by atapi »

wont even let me install ie 5 on this pos
haha this old stealth touch pos is a pos lol
Sarpino's

Curious

Post by Sarpino's »

I think I'm going to love this system. Couple questions: Does it matter between the WYSE-150 or WYSE-150ES? Where would they connect to (I'm thinking of the 2 serial connections, 1 from each). If all the other terminals need a pc, that would meen I will need a router as well, would I just load everything on 1 pc and have ALL the rest connect through a network drive to the host pc?
The reason I ask is that I plan on pre-wiring before we open, not sure exactly how to yet = LOL!
Any advise would be great
Thanks again = you guys are a huge help
Sarpino's Pizzeria
You have to LEARN before you can EARN!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The terminal(s) hook up to the PC's serial ports. These can all be hooked to 1 PC with multiple ports, or to several PCs distributed across the network. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 150 and the 150ES models, but as long as they support VT100 emulation, it should work. We used WYSE-150's here when we developed the software.

You are correct in that POS Pizza will be installed to 1 PC, and all of the other PCs will be networked to it and share the program across the the LAN. You will need a Network Interface Card on each PC, and a switch to connect them all together. Some routers have switches built into them so you could use a router in this instance. A router is designed to go between more than 1 network, usually your LAN and the Internet. Swithes on the other hand are only designed to connect devices on the same network. If you will not be using a broadband connection from your store, then you only need a switch and not a router.

Scott