Dymo 400 Help

General Seup or Installation Help
horndeanpizza

Dymo 400 Help

Post by horndeanpizza »

Have just connected a dymo 400 to my system and all is working fine. The problem is that the font shrinks as each text line gets longer but it is only using half the length of the label. Is there a setting to tell it that the label is longer? i have set the dymo software to 99010 which is the label i have if you use one of dymos test address's it fills the whole label length, but pos uses only half the length of the label.
Any help appreciated
horndeanpizza

Re: Dymo 400 Help

Post by horndeanpizza »

have been working on this for a couple of days and think i can see what it is doing but do not know how to solve it.
on the end of each item line pos adds 70 blank spaces irrelevant of the length of item this makes the line longer than neccesary and the dymo software is shrinking the text to fit the label so it prints at a font size of about 6. if i edit the label afterwards and remove the blank spaces the font increases to about 14 which is much better.

Any suggestions please, from the forum it seems a lot of you have used dymos has any one had this problem.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Select the proper "Label Template" in the DLS software and save it as the default label type. This should correct the problem. POS Pizza does not control label length at all. It simply sends the raw data to DLS and DLS is responsible for formatting it correctly.

Scott
horndeanpizza

Post by horndeanpizza »

Hi Scott,

Thanks for replying but unless i am missing something it is not DLS, at the moment i am running it by selecting video spine as the default label type in order to get DLS to ignore the blanks at the end of the Item Line.

On the item line and only that line the others are fine, either POS or DLS is printing the line with 70 or so blank spaces on the end as shown below, blank spaces are represented by the line.

12" Pepperoni / Deep _________________________

I know this because i have highlighted the item line on several tickets and it picks up alot of space after the text that is being squeezed on to the label.

I would never claim to know a great deal about such matters, but it would seem to me that for the item line data it is sending or receiving a set length of data rather than just the text in that length. If that makes sense.

On another issue we have also found that if you duplicate a previous order from history, those items will not print to labels. Is there a way to change this.

I apologise for my lack of technical knowledge i hope i have explained in a way you can understand.

Thank you for your continued help and support.

Matt
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I am not sure why it would print blank lines at the end of the item line. I am going to have to go investigate this here, to see if I can replicate the problem.

When editing an order, only "New" items will get sent to the label printer. Not the entire order again. It used to send the entire order, but we received many complaints about this and changed it to only send Items to the label printer one time. In POS Pizza v6, we are allowing re-sending items manually from the order entry screen, so this should work better for you. It is still a ways out however.

Scott
horndeanpizza

Post by horndeanpizza »

Thanks Scott,sorry to give you more work i know you are busy with v6.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I cannot replicate that problem here. I used the following line to test with...

%id%bs"%id"%bn

Notice the " marks around the 2nd %id. These printed directly around my item/toppings as expected. I am using a LabelWriter 330, but it shouldn't be any different on the 400. The buffer is 160 characters long, but is terminated with a NULL character placed directly after the item/toppings. When the NULL is encountered it should ignore the remaining data. This is standard in any computer peripheral or language.

I am also using the Dymo Software v8. Also make sure that you have an "Address" field selected on whatever label it is that you are using. POS Pizza tells DYMO that the block of data to follow should be placed in the field called address. So if you use a Video Spine label, you will need to customize it from within the DYMO software.

Scott
horndeanpizza

Post by horndeanpizza »

Scott,
sorry its taken so long ive had flu last couple of weeks.
Tried what you suggested still same problem. note split marks at end of line (line does not print using to show gap) .

#023047 - 17.21, 02392000000
23 Merchistoun Road - N30
" 14" (C&T) w/DBL-Chik, DBL-Ham, DBL-Corn,Deep _______________________________ ' '
Item 1 of 1 - £9.99

This is the code i am using
#%on-%t2,%ph%bn%ad-%zc%bs"%id"%bsitem%ccof%ic-%ot.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

,Deep <-- Change the abbreviation for this topping, save it, and then change it back and save it again. I can't duplicate here, but I suspect it is the last thing in the list. Does it do this all of the time or just at certain times?