Cash Drawer!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

General Seup or Installation Help
Jaka Designs

Post by Jaka Designs »

Hey Would appreciate any help.

I have a Econo II Epson MMF Cash Dawer & a Epson TMU-300PD Receipt Printer. Cash Drawer Won't open & does not show up in POS Pizza Program, Printer prints fine but drawer stays closed when cashing out. Have the default settings for the printer & Cash Drawer set to none, since it connects to the printer.

Please HELP!!!
Jeff G.
Mike
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Mike »

Go into the management utility program and first check the cash drawers tab and set that page to "None". Next select the receipt printing tab and push the button on that page called receipt printer settings. This will bring up the screen where you put in all of the escape sequences for the printer init, fonts, etc.. The field called "Cash Drawer Open" should have either ~p0dx in it or ~p1dx, see the POS Printer Settings page on our main website for more details about setting this page.

*NOTE: If you are using the local settings for different machines, you will need to adjust these tabs under those settings as well.

Mike
Jaka Designs

Post by Jaka Designs »

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply, but I've Been There, Done that! Many Times before I posted this, I still get nothing. I tried another printer too same model. & Zipo, Nada thing.
Printers print great!

Running windows XP on a 1800 AMD using a TM 300PD Printer. & tm 300D Drivers, can't find TMU-300PD drivers. Sould be the same though.

Any other suggestions Greatly appreciated.
Jeff G.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cash Drawer!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Scott »

Jaka Designs wrote:using a TM 300PD Printer. & tm 300D Drivers, can't find TMU-300PD drivers.
If you want to utilize the Windows print interface, you will need to install the Generic / Text Only printer driver (Included on the Windows CD) and then point that driver to the printer. I'm sure that this isn't the problem however with the cash drawer.

You might want to contact Epson at 562-276-1314 and talk to them to see if they can help you identify the problem. They will walk you through some steps in using the Generic / Text Only driver to try to kick the drawer open. If you have tried the above codes tell them that you have been using Escape, p, Zero, d, x. This is the right code, but there seems to be some other problem.

Scott
Jaka Designs

Post by Jaka Designs »

From the company who sold me the cash drawer they hads this to say,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the cash drawer open command, the correct ASCII sequence for opening the drawer is:

dec(27), dec(70), dec(0), dec(25), dec(100)

Now, that may not make sense to you but my guess would be that you would need to enter the following in your program based on the screen shot you sent:

~p{0}{25}{100}

or the following will probably work too

~{70}{0}{25}{100}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I tried these setting in the Pizza POS program & it wouldn't accept those commands, would not keep them in the settings either.
Any help with the ansi code convert to this program, from you could possible help

Thanks
Jeff G.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jaka Designs wrote:dec(27), dec(70), dec(0), dec(25), dec(100)
Try this ~{70}{2}{25}{100}

The 2 still has the least significant bit set to zero. POS Pizza won't except a zero because it sees that as the end of the sequence. Those fields are null (zero) terminated.

Scott
Jaka Designs

Post by Jaka Designs »

Thanks Scott,

Will try that in the a.m. & let you know, also another reply from the Sunshine Support tech, see if this makes sense to you..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~p0dx transalates to {27}{70}{48}{100}{120}

The likely reason this isn’t working is the {48} which is ASCII for a 0 (zero) isn’t what is required to open the drawer. This works on some printers but not with the Epson 300’s. I know this because I had to change my software about 2 years ago to support these printers and I used to send a 0 (ASC(48)) and not the ASC(0). You have to send an ASC(0) which may be why is it having problems.

Will it accept the following:

~p{0}!d

That’s an attilda, letter ‘p’, open bracket, 0, close bracket, exclamation point followed by a ‘d’).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?? going to try both solutions on friday. hope one works. Thanks for all your help, I am going to buy this product, for 2 -3 nodes. I really like the interface & touch screen, Just having a problem with cash drawer heehee.

Regards,
Jeff G.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jaka Designs wrote:Will it accept the following:

~p{0}!d

That’s an attilda, letter ‘p’, open bracket, 0, close bracket, exclamation point followed by a ‘d’).
No, the ASCII Zero {0} (0x00) is the standard character used to terminate "strings" of characters in 99% of programming languages and OS's. What this means is when you have a string of characters like John Doe for example, that immediately following the e in "Doe" there is an ASCII Zero. This tells Windows that although the field might be 41 characters long to stop reading when it encounters the first ASCII Zero. So if you edited that field and removed the last name it would look like John{0}Doe{0}{whatever else used to be in this space is still here until overwritten}. Now Windows will only see "John" since it is immediately terminated with the ASCII Zero.

This same thing happens when storing Escape Sequences unfortunately... So if you want to use ASCII Zero's in the sequence you would have to store them some other way. Most hardware manufacturers are aware of this and avoid the ASCII Zero in their sequences... I guess this is something that we may need to address in a future release. :?

Scott
Jaka Designs

Post by Jaka Designs »

got a reply from the company who sold me the printers this is what he had to say...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Alright, I tried but all I can send you is bad news. The only code that opens the cash drawer with the Epson 300PD printers is the one with the ASC(0). No other code works and I tried a bunch. I located a 300 reference manual and it shows only the ASC(0) as being valid. Found reference on the Internet that document the same thing.

I wish I had something other to tell you but that is the way these printers were written. It is too bad that your software does not support the sending of the {0} as it wouldn’t have been that hard for them to include such a feature as I mentioned I had to do this myself for my POS software. Possibly they would be willing to do something for you to make their product better, depends on their business and how helpful they are.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess I can't use this software with these printers.. or cash drawer, Bummer, printed so nice too. Any other suggestions????
Thanks
Jeff G.
Jaka Designs

Post by Jaka Designs »

by the way,

After logging into the program using the Cashier database, I get the icon for the register to light up & it prints out a single vertical dx on the printer using the 300d drivers
with the generic/text driver it prints a row of dx's depending on how many times i hit the open button.
Am I getting close to finding a code??
Jeff G.
Jaka Designs

cash drawer help!!

Post by Jaka Designs »

Can I use this printer with these settings in your program??

The Samsung 270 code ~p0{25}{100}

it will solve my problem

thanks

jeff
Jeff G.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cash drawer help!!

Post by Scott »

Jaka Designs wrote:Can I use this printer with these settings in your program??

The Samsung 270 code ~p0{25}{100}
That should work just fine. We will probably use a substitute character in the future to represent the 0x00 character that won't actually be stored as a 0x00. This will allow greater flexibility using Zero's.

Scott