per to peer printers

General Seup or Installation Help
mgrotheer

per to peer printers

Post by mgrotheer »

I have two order consuls and a manager/driver consul. I also have three Star SP300 printers that I want to network with the computers. My space was prewired with 9 phone/data jacks throughout. I have the three pc's plugged into three jacks that are direct lined to a switch/router/modem. I wanted to plug the three printers into three other jacks to have a pizza printer a sandwich/hot line printer, and an expidter printer that prints the whole order that goes out with the order. How can I get some help setting this up? Thank you in advance for your help.

mark grotheer
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The first step would be to get the printes to print a Windows test page. Once you can get both computers to print to the expiditers printer and then one of them each to print to each of the other printers (test page from Windows), then you will be at the point to setup the POS system to print how you want it to. You may need to hire a network tech to do this step if you or someone that you know is not familiar with Windows peer networking setups.

What type of connections to the SP300's use? Are they Ethernet printers or regular "port" type printers?

Scott
mgrotheer

peer to peer printers

Post by mgrotheer »

they all have serial ports with ethernet adapters that allow them to be plugged into the outlets so they can be on the other side of the room from the pc's. At least that is my hope
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If they have Ethernet, then they should be supplied with a driver disk (or you will need to get one). You will need to add the "virtual" port that points to each printer on each of your computer. Once you do this then you should be able to print to all 3 printers from the Windows control panel. Again, once you can successfully do this (print test pages), you are then ready to move on to POS Pizza and tell it which printers to use for what.

Scott