UK VAT Help

General Seup or Installation Help
horndeanpizza

UK VAT Help

Post by horndeanpizza »

Is it possible to add an extra decimal point for the prices as i cannot get uk vat to work with just two. For example to sell a pizza at £10 the net price before vat is 8.5106, if i enter 8.51 and sell 1 pizza it totals to £10, but if i sell 2 pizzas at that price it totals at £19.99.

Anyone know how to do this.
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

New install Horn? Welcome aboard.

I have that same tax problem here in Japan. They changed the laws last year so all listed prices need to include the tax. Instead of having a printed menu with prices like 1742 or 1053 I just rounded everythging up and include the tax in the price. Then changed my tax rate from 5% to 0(consumption tax is 5% here). That is the only way I could get it to work without losing the random 1 yen here and there. At the end of the day and month I just back out the tax manually and report it. That way I calculate the tax off the actual price charged for a month so I lose 0.4 yen or less a month.

It was nice timing because every restaurant here had to change their prices to include tax at the same time, so the minor price increase was not really scrutinized by my customers.

-Chris

-Chris