Caller id in the UK

General Seup or Installation Help
j.mesout@ntlworld.com

Caller id in the UK

Post by j.mesout@ntlworld.com »

I have installed caller id (version 1.1 recommended for UK), I have a V.92 56k speakerphone PCI modem and have BT caller id on the phone line. I have selected comm port 3 for use with line 1 and the main pos pizza programme shows the caller id button. I also have the little telephone in the bottom toolbar, when i hover over it it tells me that it is comm port 3.

I used a telephone line splitter from the main phone line, one into the modem connector and one to the telephone.

However, when I click on this button it shows line 01 waiting for call and does not recognise incoming calls! Line 02-03-04 just show random letters, numbers and symbols!

Can anyone help, what am I missing?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You need 1 modem per line. If you have 4 lines I would highly recommend using a Whozz Calling 4 from www.callerid.com. This is a single unit that supports up to 4 telephone lines. Modems only support a single line each.

Scott
j.mesout@ntlworld.com

Caller id in the UK

I only set up the modem on Line 1 with 1 modem. I do not need 4 lines, but cannot get line 1 to recognise incoming call. Line 1 just remains at waiting for call even when a new call comes in. Did not really want to spend $400 plus just want 1 line to work to simplify incoming orders.

The system seems set up correctly with a green phone symbol in the bottom toolbar, which correctly identifies the comm port, but will not leap into action!!

Maybe pos pizza is not compatable with UK telephone system, are you aware of any UK users that this has worked for?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It does work in the UK, contact the user on this forum named EdM and ask him. I believe he has it working in the UK. The problem is more than likely that the modem is not compatible with POS Pizza. If you can find a Zoom Voice/Fax v.92 modem, I would recommend that one, since that is what we tested the software with.

Scott
j.mesout@ntlworld.com

Caller id in the UK

Thank you, I will try to get hold of a zoom v.92 modem and let you know.

Thanks again