Rochelle 205

General Seup or Installation Help
Salonico

Rochelle 205

Post by Salonico »

I bought the above unit and connected it to my serial connection. Unit is not recognized by the PC. Do I need to connect a modem or something? Is there a driver I need to install? Please let me know.
Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You need the Caller ID Server for the Rochelle. You can download it at http://www.summitcn.com/downloads/roches10.zip and it is also available on the POS Pizza CD-ROM.

Scott
Salonico

Post by Salonico »

Do i need a modem for this to work? I connected the ID directly to the COM port, installed the software and configured it though the Manager but when I click the icon says: Could not open Com1. What am I doing wrong?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Maybe your device is on a port other than COM1. Try COM2 and some other ports too. Usually when you get an error opening port, one of two things are happening.... 1) port is already open by another device... or 2) the port does not exist on the PC. It is possible to only have one com port on your PC and have it be assigned to something like COM4 instead of COM1.

Scott
Salonico

Post by Salonico »

OK, I finally bought an a USB to Serial cable and configured it. It is under COM 2, but when I connected everything and called in, it does not recognize any of the calls on neither of the 2 lines. Could it be something? Everything is configured properly and the Caller ID button in the program is functional but it alway display "Waiting" "For call". Thanks.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try opening HyperTerminal (on COM2) and see if you are getting any data into it. If so what format is it in? Maybe it's in a format other than the server is expecting or no data at all.

The port should be opened at 9600 Baud, 8 Data Bits, 1 Stop Bit, with No parity checking.

Scott
Salonico

Post by Salonico »

It cannot connect through Hyper. Let me specify something. I do NOT have a modem. I just bought a cable that connects a serial port to a USB port. I tried different setting configurations, but nothing is working. Do I need a modem for it to work properly?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

No, you do not need a modem. But you can set HyperTerminal to connect directly to a COM port (not a modem). Therefore you should be able to open up the port that has the Rochelle box connected to it and see the caller ID info as the unit receives calls.

Scott